Apple investors shrug off Samsung Galaxy S8 event, send stock upward

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

tzeshan said:
    I don't understand why Gene Munster that now is "Golden Opportunity" to buy Apple. Apple stock has appreciated 38% in the last six months.  If it appecaites another 38%, this time still cannot be called a "Golden Opportunity".
    Go figure.  He's no longer an analyst but he's still spouting typical analyst BS.  I've been holding Apple stock even when it hit the lows and bought more shares when I could afford it.  The days back in June of this year when I paid $95 a pop were Golden Opportunity days for me and I've been duly rewarded for it.  During those times it was "dump Apple" as far as Wall Street was concerned but I didn't think the risk was all that high.  I guess if Munster thinks Apple is going to go to $165 then maybe it is still a Golden Opportunity to buy Apple.
    Apple will go way beyond $165, it's just a matter of time.  Not saying there won't be bumps in the road but Apple will be a Trillion $ company in the near future.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 43
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    tzeshan said:
    thedba said:
    toysandme said:
    I totally love my iPhone dual lens camera. Not to mention RAW processing if I want it. Samsung is no competition and the "fact" that Android is from a Greek word that means data mining & blackmailing  I'll stay away from them. 
    I don't know where you got your information about the word Android, but that's not it. 

Android is indeed from Greek. Combination of two words
    andras = man (or human if you like) 
    idos = a type of  or   similar to

A good synonym for android is humanoid. 
    I always thought the Android name originated from the movie Star wars. 
    It's Greek for 'man' 'shaped' which must have somehow conjured up 'we ripped of Apple's iOS' for Google but I am still trying to figure out that connection.
    watto_cobra