Apple closes WWDC 2017 registrations, notifies lottery winners

Posted:
in General Discussion
Following five days of submissions, Apple on Friday closed ticket lottery registrations for the 2017 Worldwide Developers Conference and started the process of sending out email confirmations to those selected to attend.

As seen in the image above, posted to Twitter by iOS developers Evan Lewis, Apple this afternoon began charging the credit cards of WWDC 2017 ticket lottery winners. Like last year's event, passes to the conference cost $1,599 per attendee.

Apple opened registrations for this year's WWDC on Monday, noting winners would be selected at random.

Apple is bringing WWDC 2017 back to its roots and will hold the event in San Jose for the first time in 13 years. From 2003 through 2016, Apple opted to host the annual gathering in San Francisco, a 45-minute drive from the company's campus in Cupertino.

To mark WWDC's return to San Jose, which is far closer to Apple's headquarters, the tech giant is said to be working with the city and local businesses for "very special experiences" around town. The event will see some 5,000 developers and 1,000 Apple engineers descend upon San Jose.

In announcing the event last month, Apple said WWDC 2017 will focus on the company's main operating systems, iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS. The lucky few who are today being informed of their ticket win will be able to attend lectures, hands-on labs and meetings with Apple engineers. A keynote presentation at San Jose's McEnery Convention Center will kick off proceedings, at which company executives are expected to announce iOS 11, macOS 10.13 and other new software products.

Now in its 28th year, WWDC 2017 is set to take place from June 5 through June 9.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Maybe the whole city has been augmented by adding iBeacons on every corner?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Finally I've won the lottery! So happy to be heading to San Jose in June!
    SoliSpamSandwichJanNLpatchythepiratebestkeptsecretwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    macseekermacseeker Posts: 544member
    jkichline said:
    Okay, your job is to give the details of WWDC to us.  Second job: have fun and learn.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    jkichline said:
    Congratulations!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    jkichline said:
    Congrats, nice prospect!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    xbitxbit Posts: 390member
    jkichline said:
    Congratulations! Judging by my credit card app, it doesn't look like I was so fortunate. 

Have fun. :)
    edited April 2017 watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Does anybody know what time the sessions end on Friday? I am booking the flights and was wondering if 3 PM return on FRI would be okay.

Thanks in advance!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    jkichline said:

Congrats! Make the best of it!!

watto_cobra