Pics of Upcoming Apple Store - Santa Monica, CA

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here are a few pics I took of the progress being made on the upcoming Apple Store on the 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica, CA.

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/vangorkomm/apple/PhotoAlbum47.html"; target="_blank">Pics of the Upcoming Apple Store</a>

The 3rd St. Promenade is a 3-block shopping and entertainment area closed off to traffic. It is only 3 blocks from the Pacific and the famous Santa Monica Pier.

The store is located between Arizona and Wilshire on the northernmost block. I consider this the "upscale" block, with stores like Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. There is also a flaghip Banana Replublic, an Old Navy and J. Crew. The end of the block has a huge Barnes & Noble.

I haven't seen a completion date yet, but I would guess sometime this March or April.

Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions!

----------------

RosettaStoned

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    How many Apple Stores in California will this be?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member

and i believe one more is being built in addition to the santa monica store. i think another in northern ca
  • Reply 3 of 11
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    are there job postings for a Santa Monica store? What makes you think this will be an Apple Store? Don't get me wrong...the promenade would be an ideal location...the foot traffic alone would be NUTS.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    when i was a kid (like 7 and 8 years old) i use to shine shoes at that "mall"....g
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I live right here in Santa Monica. I'd absolutely love to get a job at the apple store. How hard is it? Where does one apply? What sort of credentials are required?

That would be the best college job ever!!
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Basically the ability to goto the bathroom by yourself and quote Steve Jobs on cue.

Seriously, for a sales position all they are looking for is some computer related sales experiance and maturity.

For the managerial and technical positions they are looking for some Apple related retail experiance and Applecare certifacation.

You apply on their website then there is usually a telephone interview, followed by a group interview and if your survive that there will be a one on one interview.

However, they seem to be very serious about the maturity factor, if you less than 25 chances are pretty good they won't seriously consiter you
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Here are the job postings:

<a href="https://jobs.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Employment.woa/34/wo/GRfCsaELD8iO2rKNFB01gEaVyge/2.4"; target="_blank">https://jobs.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Employment.woa/34/wo/GRfCsaELD8iO2rKNFB01gEaVyge/2.4</a>;

What is a keyholder? Is that the guy who locks up at night?

----------

RosettaStoned
  • Reply 8 of 11
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    i am the gatemaster..... are you the keymaster?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    That is a beautiful area you live in.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    There's one going up in Burlingame about maybe 5 miles away from me. Maybe I'll take a look around to see if any construction's started...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I stopped by Burlingame Avenue today...one building just got torn down completely, so I'm guessing that'll be the site of the Apple Store...

It's right on a street corner and near the California Street intersection, which is nice.