Apple Watch NikeLab now available from Nike itself, but not at Apple Retail

Posted:
in Apple Watch
The latest minor variant of Apple's wearable, the limited edition Apple Watch NikeLab, is now available from the sportswear company itself plus the sole remaining Apple Watch dedicated shop in Japan.

Announced on April 20, The Apple Watch NikeLab is the "ultimate style companion" according to Nike, and has no distinguishing hardware characteristics from the Series 2 Apple watch. It features a custom watch face on a Space Gray Apple Watch, with a black and white elastomer Nike watch band matching the watch face.

Pricing for the Apple Watch NikeLab is no different than the regular Apple Watch -- $369 for the 38mm size and $399 for the 42mm model with AppleCare available for either. However, it is the first Apple Watch to not be available on the Apple online store, or at Apple Retail.

The original Nike+ Apple Watch was announced in conjunction with the Apple Watch refresh in fall 2016, and combines all of the features of Apple Watch Series 2 with custom bands, and a preloaded Nike+ Run Club app to motivate runners, provide guidance from coaches and athletes, and tailor plans to a user's schedule and progress. The band combinations for the Nike+ include Black/Volt, Black/Cool Gray, Flat Silver/White and Flat Silver/Volt.

Apple began selling the previously exclusive Nike bands separately in the end of March. As of yet, the NikeLab band is not available in the same fashion.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Do they only sell in Nike Japan? I really wanted one, love the colour and minimalist look. I can't find the exact band as in the pic anywhere else though.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kevin kee said:
    Do they only sell in Nike Japan? I really wanted one, love the colour and minimalist look. I can't find the exact band as in the pic anywhere else though.

From what I can see they (Apple or Nike) don't see that band anywhere--just with that particular watch.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    In the early days of Apple Watch, I had high hopes that Nike & Apple were doing  something exciting behinds the scenes.  I've been disappointed that nothing very magical has emerged that that partnership.  (... but I still love my Apple Watch and use it daily: Pay, Maps, iMessage, etc.)
  • Reply 4 of 5
    virtuavirtua Posts: 209member
    I got one from the Nike UK online store this morning but they sold out shortly after.....

• Reply 5 of 5
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I wonder if Apple has realized that Nike simply doesn't have a lot to offer and it separating from embedding Nike software into its Apple Watch -- and returning Nike to the App Store as 'just another vendor"?
    ...  Hopefully!