Apple 'finalizing' design of Amazon Echo rival based on Siri

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    MikeymikeMikeymike Posts: 102member
    If they can make this device to AirPlay to connected TVs in the same way that Music / iTunes does, that would be awesome.
    I really do love that when I start playing music to one of my TVs, it immediately turns on the TV, flips the TV input setting to "TV", and begins displaying the playing content.
    If I could ask Siri to do something, and have a (optional) setting to have it display the results on my TV in the same way as iTunes does via Airplay, that would be great.
  • Reply 102 of 105
    Maybe the reason the AirPort router hasn't been updated in a while is because of this: A combo mesh-router with Siri speaker (that supports AirPlay and serves as a homekit hub.) And then, when you add additional Siri speakers around your house, they contribute as new nodes in the mesh network. 
  • Reply 103 of 105
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    jdgaz said:
    Personally I think that Apple does a pretty poor job helping people understand what their products can do, and how best to use them. Siri just being one of those where too little has been done to show what it can do. 15 second TV spots don't really cut it. Give people some resources / how to stuff / maybe even an online manual god forbid. JMHO. 
    How lazy are you?

There is documentation online:
    https://www.apple.com/ios/siri/

or

any of the hundreds of articles that come up when you search for "Siri commands"

or

"Hey Siri, what can you do?" Try it. 

• Reply 104 of 105
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Mikeymike said:
    If they can make this device to AirPlay to connected TVs in the same way that Music / iTunes does, that would be awesome.
    I really do love that when I start playing music to one of my TVs, it immediately turns on the TV, flips the TV input setting to "TV", and begins displaying the playing content.
    If I could ask Siri to do something, and have a (optional) setting to have it display the results on my TV in the same way as iTunes does via Airplay, that would be great.
    That's because of a feature in your TV called HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) .  You are likely to enjoy the same benefits from a Siri based speaker that connects to an Apple TV.    Also people often don't realize that the audio output of an Apple TV can be sent to an Airplay speaker.  So if you're in the kitchen far away from the TV you can stream ATV audio to a airplay close by.