Apple falls just shy of expectations with $52.9B in revenue, iPhone sales dip again to 50....

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    JonmatJonmat Posts: 24member
    freeper said:
    Soli said:
    mike1 said:
    So, isn't this what everybody wants? Increase in revenue and EPS with less reliance (albeit slight) on iPhone?
    Sounds like great news for those that claim Apple can only survive because of the iPhone, which will sound be obsolete because of Android.
    Please. Get a grip. The media reporting factual information on Android market share - when the same media predicted that Windows Mobile would drive Android off the face of the earth as recently as 4 years ago - isn't Apple bashing. As much as you - and trust me the rest of the media - would love to broadcast"Apple is the greatest and everyone else stinks!" day in and day out, newsroom rules would tend to prohibit it.
    Oh,come on. It goes both ways. There is a lot of media attention surrounding Apple, true, but it's mostly for nitpicking and increase the doom level of Apple because of whatever-gate of the year. Whether it's their intention, I doubt it. And it's irrelevant.

What they use backstage or on their pocket is also irrelevant, because the perceived image they put out on the air intices and reinforces the average know it all guy to bash iPhone users. They just took it down a notch because iphone is everywhere and is becoming child's play to diss another persons choices and tech. Specially when iPhone guys usually don't tolerate it much and the girls all have one. There goes all the reasons that makes a bully retreat.

Its kinda like being a vegetarian nowadays. It's increasingly common and no longer raises an eyebrow in public. But get a bunch of meat lovers and watch them go at it. Or racists, for that matter. 

It amazes that Apple used to generate the same reactions.  Dont know where you're from but you are either new apple user, living in some specific country, with manners, or an android lover apple hater. No way around it buddy. Your own words just prove the point. Just leave the veggies alone.
    edited May 2017
  • Reply 42 of 46
    jesusfreakjesusfreak Posts: 71member
    OK, lets see a new Mac Mini and Mac Pro. Sales would go up and we need updated hardware. Come on Apple! :-(
  • Reply 43 of 46
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Jonmat said:

Its kinda like being a vegetarian nowadays. It's increasingly common and no longer raises an eyebrow in public. But get a bunch of meat lovers and watch them go at it. Or racists, for that matter. 

Equating non-vegetarians with racists...nice to let folks know we can simply ignore your silly chatter.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Habi_tweetHabi_tweet Posts: 74member
    elijahg said:
    elijahg said:
    Problem imo is it's just a giant iPhone...
    2010 called, they want their cliché back.

Alright, what do you attribute falling iPad sales to? 
    It is fairly simple - Longer replacement cycles. There is just NO competition to Apple in tablets. Apple is a monopoly in tablet sales, and will remain so for a long time to come.
    Its not THAT simple. It depends on what you use the device. If the newer device CAN do things that the old one couldnt and you consider that that brings you more value than the old one. Value drives replacement cycles. Apple just hasen´t brought enough value to warrant upgrades for many. I just upgraded because my old ipad 2 was stolen. No bad for me but its not that the new ipad upgrade made much more value to me than snappiness and a better screen.I would say that for many the ipad is currently a secondary device and that just means that the value thats needed to drive sales for those people need to be bigger than it has been since the ipad2 multitasking ios upgrade (was that 4.3? i dont remember now).

BUT its not like its time to sit back on the soffa kicking you feet on the table because of the competition?! Right?
  • Reply 45 of 46
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    elijahg said:
    elijahg said:

It is fairly simple - Longer replacement cycles. There is just NO competition to Apple in tablets. Apple is a monopoly in tablet sales, and will remain so for a long time to come.
    Its not THAT simple. It depends on what you use the device. If the newer device CAN do things that the old one couldnt and you consider that that brings you more value than the old one. Value drives replacement cycles. Apple just hasen´t brought enough value to warrant upgrades for many. I just upgraded because my old ipad 2 was stolen. No bad for me but its not that the new ipad upgrade made much more value to me than snappiness and a better screen.I would say that for many the ipad is currently a secondary device and that just means that the value thats needed to drive sales for those people need to be bigger than it has been since the ipad2 multitasking ios upgrade (was that 4.3? i dont remember now).

BUT its not like its time to sit back on the soffa kicking you feet on the table because of the competition?! Right?
    1) You still using a March 2011 iPad 2 in 2017, and only getting a new one because it was stolen, backs up his "longer replacement cycle" statement. Over 6 years since a CE was introduced is pretty impressive.

2) For many it's a secondary device, for many others it's tertiary, for many others—like me—it doesn't have much of a place between the Mac and iPhone, and for many others it's the primary device between a traditional PC desktop or notebook.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Habi_tweetHabi_tweet Posts: 74member
    Soli said:
    elijahg said:
    elijahg said:

1) You still using a March 2011 iPad 2 in 2017, and only getting a new one because it was stolen, backs up his "longer replacement cycle" statement. Over 6 years since a CE was introduced is pretty impressive.

2) For many it's a secondary device, for many others it's tertiary, for many others—like me—it doesn't have much of a place between the Mac and iPhone, and for many others it's the primary device between a traditional PC desktop or notebook.
    Your so right, but the choice is mine to make. The newer models didnt have so much of what I really needed and wanted. They didnt resolve my usage problems.  On the contrary, my ipad usage sank quite a lot of the frustration that I couldnt piece things together like I can do on the mac. Try making an email with some 3-4 attachments of different kind of files for example. I could write the damn email, but then I needed to switch to the computer to attach all the needed files. Now how much does that suck? :smiley:

Apple left the workflow management to the 3rf party app companies and that makes for a bad user experience imho. OK, apple bought workflow, so they try to think of ways to address these problems, but I dont know if its too late now. MS has really done a lot of work in that area and thats maybe finaly bearing fruit. I see the next platform that companies will switch to from win7 to be the big winner. Apple seems not intressted in participating wholeheartedly. Things will move quickly once companies are going to be sure enough of what the next type of device really does what the iphone did for the phone market. But we could argue from market analysis that the old PC user model is not the new optimal way (friction in willingness to investing in the trad. PC market). Its something mobile, maybe a hybrid between ipad and macbook. Apple hasnt really shown any good ideas publicly, while MS has really tried to push this hybrid segment (clearly they made many bad decisions along the way) but eg. the new MS surface book looks very promising. Formfactor, power, performance and battery. OK, its windows, but since many of us arent able to decide (corporate IT), this is really still a bit better than what has been available. If it a homerun, it may spell bad for Apple. Time will tell.