2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    spacekid said:
    volcan said:
    Soli said:
    What a worthless expense.
    Just pocket change compared to Trump's weekend visits to Mar Lago - $3.6 million each.
    Actually that's likely an inflated price based on an Obama 4 day trip to Chicago and Palm Beach in 2013 http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/18/center-american-progress-action-fund/how-much-do-donald-trumps-trips-mar-lago-cost/

He's paying his fucking self every god damn week in NYC and there, who the frack cares about the details.
    Obama didn't pull this shit every week huh!
    They're spending 5x10 times more on this sack of turd and his turd entourage in the most corrupt way, that's a god damn fact.
    argonautSoli
  • Reply 22 of 26
    plovellplovell Posts: 824member
    rob53 said:
    Wasn't that an illegal disclosure of classified information by her?
    Not necessarily. The hearings aren't all classified, only those held in secure areas and identified as classified. Those hearings can only be attended by congress members who have clearances and I hope they aren't simply passed out like bus tokens. 
    I'm referring to the specific amount they paid to crack the iPhone. She either wittingly or unwittingly divulged a detail that was not previously known. Until proven otherwise, I believe she did not have authorization to say what she said.

Whether or not she had authorization is entirely beside the point. The question is whether the cost info was classified or not. It is possible that it was but we don't know.

My *guess* is that it was not. After all, where is the "national security interest" in the price the FBI paid? There might be one but you'd have to make that case. So far, no-one has.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    plovellplovell Posts: 824member
    volcan said:
    Soli said:
    Just pocket change compared to Trump's weekend visits to Mar Lago - $3.6 million each.
    I am not sure if you understand difference: FBI expense is from out pockets. Mr. Trump can afford it from his own pocket. He does not charge our pockets nearly as previous president. And also do not forget that Mrs. Feinstein is not President of the Uniteted States so your comparison is quite misplaced. Have some reason and respect.
    Maybe he CAN afford to pay it, but he does not. Instead, we the taxpayers pay him (i.e. the companies that he continues to own). 

As for your claim that he "does not charge our pockets nearly as previous president" - that's demonstrably false. 

And your plea for "some reason and respect" !! Trying to fit either of those in the same sentence with "Trump" is ridiculous. The man has little reason and no respect.
    edited May 2017 SpamSandwich
  • Reply 24 of 26
    farmboyfarmboy Posts: 152member

He didn't need authorization. You really have no idea what you're writing about.
    Unless Comey was given permission to divulge certain information that was meant to be confidential--which neither you nor I have any basis to know--he can't divulge it in a public forum. 
  • Reply 25 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    rob53 said:
    Just like Comey didn't have authorization to disclose information about Hillary's email a couple days before the election.
    lol fucking what. Do you honestly think your (completely wrong) whataboutism won’t be called out? Holy shit.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    foggyhill said:
    spacekid said:
    volcan said:
    Soli said:
    Actually that's likely an inflated price based on an Obama 4 day trip to Chicago and Palm Beach in 2013 http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/18/center-american-progress-action-fund/how-much-do-donald-trumps-trips-mar-lago-cost/

He's paying his fucking self every god damn week in NYC and there, who the frack cares about the details.
    Obama didn't pull this shit every week huh!
    They're spending 5x10 times more on this sack of turd and his turd entourage in the most corrupt way, that's a god damn fact.
    jeez get over it, you really think Hillary was any better of a choice? rock and a hard place, at least people know what to get with Trump and he's acting just like many expected him to - Hillary is/was a typical politician, can't trust a thing she says.

On topic, I hope 900k bought them the capabilities rather than just "hacking" one individual phone. If it's the later then they (and the taxpaying masses) were truly screwed over imho.