Apple releases updates for iOS 10.3.2, watchOS 3.2.2, tvOS 10.2.1

Posted:
in iPhone edited May 2017
On Monday, Apple released iOS version 10.3.2, watchOS 3.2.2, and tvOS 10.2.1 to the public, after a month-long beta testing period for each revision.

There do not appear to be any significant changes to iOS, watchOS or, tvOS from the last updates a month ago. The releases appear focused on overall stability, security, and relatively minor bug fixes.

On an iPhone SE, the iOS download is 167.5MB, with an iPhone 7 Plus needing 195.9MB for the over-the-air update. The free iOS update is available either as an install through iTunes, or over-the-air for the iPad fourth generation, iPad mini 2, iPhone 5, sixth-generation iPod touch, or newer.

The watchOS 3.2.2 update is similarly minor, after watchOS 3.2's introduction of Theater Mode. The update must be performed through the Apple Watch app on a connected iPhone, and the watch must be on the charger, and have over 50 percent battery remaining.

No feature updates were noted in the tvOS 10.2.1 beta process either. Updates are performed through the System menu, after users select Software Update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    Updated my 16 GB iPhone 6 from 10.3.1. After Wifi download it took about 5 minutes to prepare for installation and 12 minutes of watching the Apple logo with progress bar (saw it twice). Once finished I went from about 975MB free (measured before downloading the update) to 1.48 GB free. I don't know if the extra space was part of this update or something else that occurred.
    bonobobalbegarcSpamSandwich
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    I'm updating my phone now! I'll have to update my Apple Watch later when I get home. Looks like it's a basic Bug fixes and Security updates. What those are exactly, who knows other then Apple.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    Anyone notice some battery drain? My 6S seems to have drained a little too quickly with very little use after updating.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    And that kids is why you wait at least 48hrs to update. 
  • Reply 5 of 11
    steveausteveau Posts: 299member
    linkman said:
    Updated my 16 GB iPhone 6 from 10.3.1. After Wifi download it took about 5 minutes to prepare for installation and 12 minutes of watching the Apple logo with progress bar (saw it twice). Once finished I went from about 975MB free (measured before downloading the update) to 1.48 GB free. I don't know if the extra space was part of this update or something else that occurred.
    Similar story here. All working fine today.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    I don't really see why...the update isn't going to change. Mine updated pretty damn fast to be honest. The length of the update also depends on if you have previous updates. If it has to download more than just the most recent update it will take longer to prepare. Also not a bad idea to restart your phone and make sure all apps are not running at the time. If you have 50 apps running it might make updating a little slower. 
  • Reply 7 of 11
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    hypoluxa said:
    Anyone notice some battery drain? My 6S seems to have drained a little too quickly with very little use after updating.
    Try a forced restart. Hold down Home button & power button (on top) simultaneously for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen again.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    macxpress said:
    I don't really see why...the update isn't going to change. Mine updated pretty damn fast to be honest. The length of the update also depends on if you have previous updates. If it has to download more than just the most recent update it will take longer to prepare. Also not a bad idea to restart your phone and make sure all apps are not running at the time. If you have 50 apps running it might make updating a little slower. 
    What exactly do you mean by "50 apps running"?   The previous states of 50 apps that used to be executing, or 50 apps with registered event listeners, or 50 apps given actual idle run time, or…   My point is that a lot of people are unnecessarily worried about the list of recent apps. Most of them don't execute anything in the background.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    YvLyYvLy Posts: 89member
    I just updated my Apple TV. Now suddenly my download speed is down from an average of 30Mbps to 15 Mbps ... anyone else out there having the same problem?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    It's a bit early to tell for sure, but it seems the battery life of my first gen Apple Watch is finally about back to where it was before the 3.1 update. It was slightly improved with the last update, but this one seems even better. For my husband and me, 3.1 was a battery hog for our first gen Watches. My 7 Plus also seems to be a little bit more efficient. I haven't updated my MacBook yet, though. It seems Apple is getting on the ball with OS updates lately. 
  • Reply 11 of 11
    wlymwlym Posts: 102member
    I updated my iPhone 6S to 10.3.2 and now it has an curved OLED screen and no home button!