New 'iPhone 8' 3D Touch tech rumored to be more expensive than Apple expected

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    adm1 said:
    lkrupp said:
    slurpy said:
    What's up with the iPhone 8 fear-mongering headlines almost every single day? How fucking tiresome.
    I wish readers had legal recourse when all these rumors turn out to be lies. But I guess part of freedom of speech is we have to suffer through complete bullshit.
    It'd be nice if media outlets were obligated to provide the source on whatever they publish. AI would probably be exempt being a blog/forum primarily but it would clean up the news sites considerably.
    Except, it has become a joke, because "blog/forum" pretends to have none of the responsibility of "news", but they publish news. And when it turns out to be fake, they pretend to have to no responsibility.
    Have you all suddenly forgotten this is an Apple rumor site? If you only want official vetted Apple news then don't bother with any tech site. Go directly to Apple's own webpages where they'll tell you what they think you should know when they want you to know. Geesh! The level of criticism directed at a free-to-use AppleInsider discussion forum is mind-boggling. :neutral:  
    fastasleepavon b7wonkothesane
  • Reply 22 of 27
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Oh well, so we an extra 20 to 30 bucks more for an iPhone... Life goes on.
    ZERO percent of all these reports are unconfirmed.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    lorin schultzlorin schultz Posts: 2,771member
    adm1 said:
    It'd be nice if media outlets were obligated to provide the source on whatever they publish.
    No, it wouldn't, because no one would ever blow the whistle on corruption.

If you discover that your employer is secretly dumping poison into a river and killing people downstream, and the last guy to say something about it was suddenly unemployed and was having trouble finding another job because the company is telling everyone he eats babies and breeds puppies for Satanic sacrifice, you're less likely to say anything if you know you will be exposed as the source of the information.

If, on the other hand, the media is able to report on the allegation without naming you specifically, it opens the door for authorities to investigate without you facing divorce, bankruptcy, and starvation.

The "free press" approach has a downside -- the protections can be abused -- but the benefits outweigh the liabilities.
    beowulfschmidt
  • Reply 24 of 27
    bb-15bb-15 Posts: 283member
    Until images of actual parts are leaked (from the factory) about the iPhone 8/X/Edition, I won't believe a word about this speculation for an unknown product.
    All we are getting now is hot air.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    bigmikebigmike Posts: 266member
    Apple: We're proud to announce the 2.5D curved glass back!
    Cartman: What the hell is 2.5D?
    Apple: Well it's not quite 3D but it's fancier than plain ol' 2D.
    Cartman: [blank face, silent]
    Apple: And it's available this September for $1,799
    Cartman: Screw you guys, I'm going home.
    edited May 2017 lorin schultzspheric
  • Reply 26 of 27
    bigmike said:
    Apple: We're proud to announce the 2.5D curved glass back!
    Cartman: What the hell is 2.5D?
    Apple: Well it's not quite 3D but it's fancier than plain ol' 2D.
    Cartman: [blank face, silent]
    Apple: And it's available this September for $1,799
    Cartman: Screw you guys, I'm going home.
    Oh my god, they killed credibility! You bastards!

:)
    spheric
  • Reply 27 of 27

bb-15 said:
    Until images of actual parts are leaked (from the factory) about the iPhone 8/X/Edition, I won't believe a word about this speculation for an unknown product.
    All we are getting now is hot air.
    So, how exactly do you know which leaks are real and which ones are "hot air?" Wall Street would love to talk to you.