Availability of 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar slips ahead of rumored refresh

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware
Amid rumors of an incoming hardware refresh supposedly set to debut at next week's Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple on Monday updated online availability of its 15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models to push back estimated delivery dates to June 5.

While not a clear sign of an incoming MacBook Pro with Touch Bar revamp, Apple often adjusts product availability just prior to launch in order to clear up channel inventory in preparation of incoming new hardware.

When ordered in the U.S. today, the 15-inch laptop is showing an estimated delivery date of June 6 to June 8 with free shipping, and June 5 to June 7 with priority shipping. In-store pickup is currently available on June 8. Similar dates are reflected on Apple's online storefronts in major markets including Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Spain and the UK.

The dates line up with WWDC 2017, which kicks off with a keynote presentation on June 5.

Other countries, such as Brazil, Canada, China and Mexico are showing turn around times of 3 to 5 business days for both models.

As of this writing, only 15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models are impacted by the apparent supply constraints. Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and 12-inch MacBook, both rumored for refresh, show delivery dates of May 31 in the U.S. Further, the 13-inch MacBook Air, which might benefit from minor processor speed improvements, also delivers by May 31.

MacRumors spotted Apple's updated MacBook shipping schedule earlier today.

According to recent reports, Apple is planning to break from tradition and announce new hardware at WWDC this year. In addition to updated MacBooks with Intel Kaby Lake processors, some expect the company to unveil a Siri home speaker designed to compete with dedicated virtual assistant accessories like Amazon's Echo.

Rumors also point to the debut of new iPad Pro models at Apple's annual developers conference, including a version with an 10.5-inch form factor.

WWDC was last used to launch new hardware when Apple unveiled a revamped MacBook Air lineup in 2013 .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 60
    appexappex Posts: 687member
    Hopefully they fix previous errors:

The Touchbar MacBook Pro is a Disposable Embarrassment
    jdw
  • Reply 2 of 60
    jcallowsjcallows Posts: 150member
    waiting for (1) 15" macbook pro without the gimmicky touchbar and (2) 13" macbook pro with a discrete graphics chip
    bobolicious
  • Reply 3 of 60
    hammeroftruthhammeroftruth Posts: 1,303member
    Store stock is dwindling rapidly. Expect some new machines announced shortly. 
  • Reply 4 of 60
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    You know, I just realised I have never, ever seen a MacBook outside of a shop.
    maybe they will put a better processor in it, an extra port and drop the price to mere stratospheric levels. I know most school kids are still buying MBAs.
    avon b7
  • Reply 5 of 60
    xbitxbit Posts: 390member
    I really wish that Apple would go back to the old keyboard style. I know the pursuit of thinness makes that an impossible dream though.
    80s_Apple_Guy
  • Reply 6 of 60
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    appex said:

I'd rather have the 2.5GB/sec SSD than a 2.5-inch SATA III one. Even the M.2 form factor NVMe SSDs don't hit the speed that the 15-inch does.

Guy's welcome to his opinion, but he's basing it off of a lot of false assumptions about intent, and what will happen to Apple's marketshare if they don't kowtow to a very loud, very small portion of Apple's market.
    edited May 2017 thedbaRayz2016chiapscooter63brucemcStrangeDaysjony0fastasleep
  • Reply 7 of 60
    entropys said:
    maybe they will put a better processor in it, an extra port and drop the price to mere stratospheric levels. I know most school kids are still buying MBAs.
    Dream on! drop the price? Really? And Pigs can fly, I have a bridge over the thames I want to sell...

• Reply 8 of 60
    thedbathedba Posts: 762member
    entropys said:
    And my anecdotal evidence is neutralizing yours because off the top of my head, I've seen 4 MacBooks out in the wild. 
    But anecdotal evidence is just that, isn't it?

StrangeDays
  • Reply 9 of 60
    appex said:

I'd rather have the 2.5GB/sec SSD than a 2.5-inch SATA III one. Even the M.2 form factor NVMe SSDs don't hit the speed that the 15-inch does.

Guy's welcome to his opinion, but he's basing it off of a lot of false assumptions about intent, and what will happen to Apple's marketshare if they don't kowtow to a very loud, very small portion of Apple's market.
    Yeah, read this guy's "opinion" and it's the same old BS the naysayers were shouting back a few years ago when Apple went all SSD's in their laptop lineup. 
    Same old tired arguments about how with $200 they could add 2TB of spinning disk storage to their laptops while Apple charges you the Apple tax and blah, blah, blah...

He mentions something about not being able to upgrade to 15TB of storage in one or two years from now because he may need to lug around that much storage anywhere on the planet. Whatever! 
    StrangeDaysjony0
  • Reply 10 of 60
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac

215 days (ok, 224 by WWDC), would that be a record update cycle for the MacBook Pro?  Certainly in recent memory.

Hoping for:
    1. 32GB or more RAM option
    2. Replaceable storage.
    3. SD card slot.
    4. Better keyboard.

2 or more of those and I'll definitely be buying.

Bringing back MagSafe in some form would be nice as well, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
  • Reply 11 of 60
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    appex said:

That shitty column (and millions of others aimed at every single Apple product, ever) is not proof of any "errors". You're delusional if you think Apple is going to reverse course on many of the fundamental choices made for the MBP, including keyboard, ports, and touchbar. It's an excellent machine that moves things forward, and that always brings the gnashing of teeth and extreme whining. There were no "errors", every decision was meticulously considered and Apple made the product that they wanted. We're not gonna see USB-A ports or spinning disks in these newer models.
    chiaStrangeDayspscooter63thedbafastasleep
  • Reply 12 of 60
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    appex said:

Hopefully, you'll just switch platforms soon so we can stop seeing your stupid BS posts about your dislikes of Apple. 
    chiaStrangeDayspscooter63fastasleep
  • Reply 13 of 60
     crowley said:

215 days (ok, 224 by WWDC), would that be a record update cycle for the MacBook Pro?  Certainly in recent memory.

Hoping for:
    2. Replaceable storage.
    3. SD card slot.
    4. Better keyboard.

Bringing back MagSafe in some form would be nice as well, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
    3. SD card slot

That's really funny.  :D :D :D
    StrangeDaysfastasleep
  • Reply 14 of 60
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    appex said:

Quite happy with mine
    fastasleep
  • Reply 15 of 60
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    appex said:

The caption on the article's image reads: 'A woman using Touchbar on MacBook Pro', like Apple designed the Touchbar for men only, and this subversive has dared put her dainty little fingertips on it. 

Weird. 

But since the article is tagged as "Devil's Advocate", I don't think we're supposed to take it seriously. 
    edited May 2017
  • Reply 16 of 60
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,462member
    Just don't use the "Hello Again!" moniker for something so mundane. I hope Apple re-realizes the value of their history and not use it idiotically again
  • Reply 17 of 60
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    macxpress said:
    appex said:

Hopefully, you'll just switch platforms soon so we can stop seeing your stupid BS posts about your dislikes of Apple. 
    The 'appex' character is pretty much just a bot.  90% of posts for either iPad or Mac say exactly the same thing, word-for-word.  A very limited intelligence bot at that.
    StrangeDaysmacxpresspscooter63
  • Reply 18 of 60
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    entropys said:
    And yet according to Gruber's podcast it has incredible sales. How strange -- you personally aren't seeing them, but they're selling well. How can we explain this...
  • Reply 19 of 60

crowley said:

Hoping for:
    2. Replaceable storage.
    3. SD card slot.
    4. Better keyboard.

Well two of those items will never happen -- the consumer card slot is gone, and removable storage will never return either since it's too big and slow.  
    fastasleep
  • Reply 20 of 60

macxpress said:
    appex said:

Yeah, I took one look at the username and knew this was just more derp, did not click the link. Sounds like the whiners are gettin' a Dell. 
    edited May 2017 pscooter63