Apple's 'Carpool Karaoke' spinoff set for Aug. 8 debut on Apple Music

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Soli said:
    Remember when people laughed at HBO producing original content? I do.
    Remember when people laughed at Netflix for producing original content? I do.

So why is Apple producing original original content so unrealistic?
    HBO original content.
    Netflix original content.
    Carpool Karaoke.
    One of these things are not like the others.
    Only because you're being an ass.

A reasonable person would refer to it as Apple original content. Or if you want to go the other way and compare a show you think is bad you could've gone with "John From Cincinnati" and "Luke Cage" from HBO and Netflix, respectively, as reasons why they shouldn't be producing original content, but even that's not fair since you haven't seen their new series. Even then you're still falling to grasp that it's not being distributed through Apple Music as a way to sell that service and promote artists and albums.
    robin huber
  • Reply 22 of 25
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    There is no reason Apple cannot produce great content. Pixar might be a great place to start since they have a history together. Remember, Apple, like Netflix, is just a producer, not a studio. A producer just needs money and good taste in the arts. Apple has plenty of both. My only concern is that they seem overly cautious. Carpool Karaoke is the best they can come up with? And for some reason I just hate that fawning obsequious Corden character--at least it seems he won't be involved. There are plenty of great directors, writers, and actors who would jump at the chance to create films or series on Apple's dime. What are they waiting for?
    Couldn't agree more. Corden has annoyed me since the first time I ever had the misfortune to see him on TV and I've avoided him ever since.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,305member
    This stuff is not going to get me to sign up to Apple Music. If Apple is going to be getting into Video Content and throwing it into Apple Music, maybe the name Apple Music should change. Sooner then later!!! The stuff Apple seems to be working on this this area just seems like of lame. This is nothing like Original content from HBO, or Netflix or Amazon Prime, etc. It also seems to be focused mostly on Music type things. Or that App show which looks lamo. For a company that has BILLIONS, it really seems like a weak start. I don't see how any of this is going to get NEW subscribers. If these few programs is all Apple has and it's taken them this long to put these simple shows out, why even bother? Talking about setting the bar extra low. How is any of this expected to WOW a large group of people and get them to sign up? Is this really the Apple TV we've expected all these years?
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Soli said:
    Remember when people laughed at HBO producing original content? I do.
    Remember when people laughed at Netflix for producing original content? I do.

So why is Apple producing original original content so unrealistic?
    You are trying to compare HBO and Netflix, two companies that provide 100% video content, with Apple Music that provides 100% music content.  By the way, no one laughed at either company for producing their own shows.  You cannot compare video providers with a music provider.  You are obviously not old enough to remember MTV.  Apple Music is a music service.  Apple is good at music, they have done it since 2004.  The unrealistic aspect is Apple trying to become a video content provider when they are experts at providing consumer electronics and computers.  25 years ago, MTV aired a reality TV show called The Real World.  That began the demise of MTV.  A channel that was originally 24/7 music videos, became a cesspool of garbage TV shows.  It is surprising that MTV is still on the air when they do not even show music videos anymore.  

Apple adding 30 minute TV shows to entice subscribers to a music service is a joke.  They are not providing original content by purchasing someone else's idea and ruining it. No one will be interested in Carpool Karaoke without James Corden.  That is like watching Survivor without Jeff Probst.  Apple should stick with what they do best, computers and electronics.  Leave reality shows to Network TV.