Questionable 10.5-inch Anker brand iPad Pro screen protector for sale on Amazon

Posted:
in iPad
A 10.5-inch iPad screen protector manufactured by accessory manufacturer Anker has appeared on Amazon, but it is unclear on where the data has been gleaned to manufacture the product.

First spotted by 9to5Mac, the Anker Double Defense Tempered Glass Tablet Screen Protector has popped up on Amazon at the end of May. The dimension of the product match that of the case leaks from late May.

However, it is not known if this product confirms those as accurate, or has been constructed as a result of the leaks. Regardless, two customers have already purchased the device according to Amazon, and have left reviews for the product.

The positive reviewer does not appear to be an Anker "shill" and has a long purchase history of a variety of products spanning to 2014. The negative review was a customer buying the product for a 9.7-inch iPad, and breaking it by attempting to cut it to fit the smaller device.

The protector has a retail price of $26.99, and is on sale for $13.99 with same-day delivery to certain markets.

Photos from a pair of sources at the end of May purportedly showed cases for Apple's 2017 iPad Pro models, including an updated 12.9-inch tablet and a new 10.5-inch design. The 10.5-inch model is predicted to have thinner bezels than any other iPad seen to date.

It is unclear when new devices will be announced, much less ship.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    anton zuykovanton zuykov Posts: 1,056member
    The negative review was a customer buying the product for a 9.7-inch iPad, and breaking it by attempting to cut it to fit the smaller device.
    Tries to cut tempered glass, cracks it, proceeds to down-vote the product online.
    I would be embarrassed to even admit that I attempted such an idiotic thing, let alone, down voting and trying to put my stupidity and inaptness, as a legit reason for the downvote.
    mknelsonteaearlegreyhotredgeminipa
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,125member
    And 2014 is a long history? Wow, I feel old now.
    teaearlegreyhot
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Looks like Anker or Amazon took this listing down. It's no longer to be found, although one or two other companies purport to be selling 10.5 inch protectors for the as-yet theoretical iPad.