Apple slips wireless Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad onto online store [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    I want to use my iPhone 7 more as a computer and have purchased a connector to connect the iPhone's display to my computer monitor. Just need a keyboard and mouse.
    Anybody know if I'll be able to connect this and a mouse to my iphone (and actually USE the mouse)?  
  • Reply 22 of 44
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    sc_markt said:
    I want to use my iPhone 7 more as a computer and have purchased a connector to connect the iPhone's display to my computer monitor. Just need a keyboard and mouse.
    Anybody know if I'll be able to connect this and a mouse to my iphone (and actually USE the mouse)?  
    Is this a joke? No, seriously! 
  • Reply 23 of 44
    lorin schultzlorin schultz Posts: 2,771member
    I am going to wait for the dark model that will come out with the iMac Pro. :)
    Not for sale separately. So, unless you buy an iMac Pro or wait for eBay, you're out of luck.
    Do you know that for sure? I was really hoping to get a Space Grey unit too, to match my MacBook Pro.
    I read about it here: https://9to5mac.com/2017/06/05/imac-pro-ram-and-space-gray-accessories/
    Poop. Thanks for the link though. I appreciate it.
  • Reply 24 of 44
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    macxpress said:
    sc_markt said:
    No. I hate touch screens and a mouse is WAY more productive than using your fingers. If I can use a mouse on my iPhone, that would be great. 
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 25 of 44
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    macxpress said:
    appex said:
    Bring back the Apple wired Keyboard With Numeric Keypad. 
    You're more than welcomed to get it elsewhere...

It is still available for K-12 schools when purchasing new Macs. Same with the wired mouse. Good thing too...wireless keyboards and mice are an absolute mess in a lab situation. 
    I assume you mean a computer lab.  In a "real" lab (with chemicals and beakers and body parts and such), I imagine cords are a bit of a drag.
    Yes I meant computer lab. I'm glad they recognized that this wouldn't work. 
    dysamoria
  • Reply 26 of 44
    Eric_WVGGEric_WVGG Posts: 968member
    sc_markt said:
    macxpress said:
    sc_markt said:
    No. I hate touch screens and a mouse is WAY more productive than using your fingers. If I can use a mouse on my iPhone, that would be great. 
    Spend a little time in XCode's iOS Simulator and you'll change your tune. Mousing around iOS is a drag (no pun intended)
  • Reply 27 of 44
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,339member
    Holy cow.  Despite their having foolishly removed the SD card and a legacy USB-A port from the 2016 MBP, the addition of a wireless keyboard with -- AT LAST! -- my beloved numeric keypad is simply outstanding!  FINALLY!
  • Reply 28 of 44
    wozwozwozwoz Posts: 263member
    I would avoid bluetooth devices (like wireless mice and keyboards) --- they needlessly radiate your body, when a clean simple wired version eliminates that health issue, and doesn't require the nuisance of charging etc. The Bluetooth gives me a headache, so I try to avoid using them in fixed work/home environments.
    nomadmac
  • Reply 29 of 44
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    Steve Jobs would never... damn it! I'm buying one!!
  • Reply 30 of 44
    MJAMJA Posts: 3member
    Still not backlit? What are they waiting for?
  • Reply 31 of 44
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    wozwoz said:
    I would avoid bluetooth devices (like wireless mice and keyboards) --- they needlessly radiate your body, when a clean simple wired version eliminates that health issue, and doesn't require the nuisance of charging etc. The Bluetooth gives me a headache, so I try to avoid using them in fixed work/home environments.
    Bluetooth gives you a headache? 

Are you sure it's the Bluetooth?  
    edited June 2017 pscooter63StrangeDaysmike1
  • Reply 32 of 44
    gordy said:
    Still no backlit keyboard 😒
    with touch bar, if a long term commitment...?
    Most likely that Touchbar is tricky on a standalone keyboard. They'll need a better battery, a secure connection to the device for TouchID.  And it would be expensive. 

I think they'll get there next year. 
  • Reply 33 of 44
    I don't really care for the numeric keypad, but…

full sized cursor keys
    a delete key
    home and end keys

Yes!

haardysamoria
  • Reply 34 of 44
    But why the eject key?

What are we ejecting exactly?
    douglas baileydysamoria
  • Reply 35 of 44
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Rayz2016 said:
    wozwoz said:
    Bluetooth gives you a headache? 

Are you sure it's the Bluetooth?  
    It's probably a nocebo effect. A double-blind study would be good there. 
    mike1
  • Reply 36 of 44
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    How do the firmware key commands work now? Is the Bluetooth connection to peripherals active prior to OS startup?

$129 for a disposable keyboard (with painfully sharp edges at the front, if it's like the prior "magic keyboard") is bad business. Can anyone confirm whether the keyboard can work via its cable in the event the battery dies (and once it no longer holds a charge)?
  • Reply 37 of 44
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    Rayz2016 said:
    But why the eject key?

What are we ejecting exactly?
    The dedicated button seems anachronistic, doesn't it, now that optical drives are fading in the rear view?
    But still functional with external drives and installers.
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 38 of 44
    nomadmacnomadmac Posts: 96member
    Eric_WVGG said:
    I'm with you, I hate wireless input devices, but the sweet thing about the new keyboards (and the new trackpad) is you can use a normal Lightning cable to use them as wired devices.
    Good to know when you want to boot up in target mode or with the shift key down.
  • Reply 39 of 44
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    sc_markt said:
    macxpress said:
    sc_markt said:
    How can you have over a thousand posts here yet act as if you don't know whether iOS supports a mouse?
  • Reply 40 of 44
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    wozwoz said:
    Pure nonsense made up in your head. Please cite your sources that BT is a human health hazard. But you won't.
    tallest skil