2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    redhotfuzzredhotfuzz Posts: 313member
    "As seen in the photo above, Apple has declared war on bezels"

War??? Looks more like minor sanctions to me. :/
  • Reply 22 of 40
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Anyone know the RAM total for each model? 2, 3 or 4GB?

I love they're offering 512GB storage RAM.

10.5" LTE $1178 fully tricked out with Applecare+
    edited June 2017 propod
  • Reply 23 of 40
    dwalladwalla Posts: 15member
    I've been waiting for this update. Using an iPad Pro as a tablet for Photoshop is awesome. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 40
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    "As seen in the photo above, Apple has declared war on bezels"

War??? Looks more like minor sanctions to me. :/

The bezels signed an armistice to avoid the war.
  • Reply 25 of 40
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Good addition to the iPad Pro line. For my usage, I find the largest iPad Pro perfect.
  • Reply 26 of 40
    Nameo_Nameo_ Posts: 34member
    Okay, is it just me or is touch ID located slightly below the center of the bottom bezel?
  • Reply 27 of 40
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    Woke up this morning almost giddy due to WWDC roll out. Don't think that's ever happened. These innovations really going to make a big difference in my day. Marking up PDFs and photos and organizing them suddenly got world's easier! 

My hats off to people in Cupertino. Nice work!

Former Cal tech prof had Apple logo tattooed on his arm in early 2000s, pre iPhone. I thought that was pretty extreme. Now, yeah still extreme but at least prescient.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 28 of 40
    tangeytangey Posts: 31member
    No war on bezels for the 12.9" pro, bezel is as big as always.
  • Reply 29 of 40
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    schlack said:
    Still sitting on my iPad Air. Wanting to upgrade for a couple years now. But that protruding camera. Still keeps me from clicking the buy button. What's wrong with Apple for not just going with a camera that will fit.
    Because it would have to be thicker. Would you prefer a thicker iPad? Please let Apple know.

This is one of those issues where that part simple can not be made thinner without drasticly lowering the quality. Similar reasons for the OIS on larger iphone models.

• Reply 30 of 40
    misa said:
    schlack said:
    Still sitting on my iPad Air. Wanting to upgrade for a couple years now. But that protruding camera. Still keeps me from clicking the buy button. What's wrong with Apple for not just going with a camera that will fit.
    Because it would have to be thicker. Would you prefer a thicker iPad? Please let Apple know.

This is one of those issues where that part simple can not be made thinner without drasticly lowering the quality. Similar reasons for the OIS on larger iphone models.

It is not that he didn't understand the fact "that part simple can not be made thinner without drastically lowering the quality". His question was exactly that - why Apple is NOT reducing the quality of sensor to the size that can be fitted into the iPad without any protrusion? And he was absolutely spot on!!! Those who feign lack of understanding of his comment are NOT.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 31 of 40
    woodbinewoodbine Posts: 87member
    schlack said:
    I would add, what is wrong with Apple that they cannot make it that extra 1mm thicker for the camera, making the battery bigger.
  • Reply 32 of 40
    woodbine said:
    schlack said:
    I would add, what is wrong with Apple that they cannot make it that extra 1mm thicker for the camera, making the battery bigger.

Battery life is damn good anyway, so why not go for an inferior camera sensor and discourage people from taking photos, vidoes using the tab.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Well this looks like a great replacement for my old laggy iPad 3 I'm still using. I'll wait a couple more months and then maybe buy one. I do need to upgrade.
  • Reply 34 of 40
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    schlack said:
    But that protruding camera.
    Shallow thinking.  ;)
    Protective cases tend to render arguments like this moot.  I don't think I've ever seen an iPad "in the wild" without one. 
  • Reply 35 of 40
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    misa said:
    schlack said:

It is not that he didn't understand the fact "that part simple can not be made thinner without drastically lowering the quality". His question was exactly that - why Apple is NOT reducing the quality of sensor to the size that can be fitted into the iPad without any protrusion? And he was absolutely spot on!!! Those who feign lack of understanding of his comment are NOT.
    Because Ipads are now at a center of a future AR rollout. So, no Apple could not reduce the sensor size to fit a piece of crap camera in.

Considering 100% of what you write is desingenious and playing dumb; your own comment drips of irony.
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 36 of 40
    woodbine said:
    schlack said:

Battery life is damn good anyway, so why not go for an inferior camera sensor and discourage people from taking photos, vidoes using the tab.
    Right.. Why not put a crappy camera/video in a pro ipad when pushing hard on AR and the dev or such content... Why indeed.  Bueller, Bueller... paging Bueler.

edited June 2017
  • Reply 37 of 40
    woodbine said:
    schlack said:
    It's a bit more than 1mm I think, but say 1.5mm * size of this thing if it was all in extra battery would likely add about 120g to the Ipad. That's a bit more than a quarter of its current weight and there is a threshold were portability becomes and issue when you hold it in your hands to read, or in a hospital or whatever.

Right now, they're saying 10h, but it likely will last noticeably more than that already (like it was with the A8X), so it already gets through a full day already.
    Why would it need more battery then and be stuck carrying the extra load all day?

• Reply 38 of 40
    So did Apple replace the 9.7 inch iPad Pro with this model?

Thought it was just going to be a new bigger size.

Noticed on Apple's website this morning the iPad Pro 9.7 inch is no longer available to purchase.
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 39 of 40

Noticed on Apple's website this morning the iPad Pro 9.7 inch is no longer available to purchase.
    This is the new Ipad Pro and yes they did replace it, though I'm sure if you go at Best buy you can now still find the old ones at a reduced price (but not for long I gather).
  • Reply 40 of 40
    bruckheimerbruckheimer Posts: 116member
    foggyhill said:

This is the new Ipad Pro and yes they did replace it, though I'm sure if you go at Best buy you can now still find the old ones at a reduced price (but not for long I gather).
    Thanks! for the replay on this.

Still thinking about going with the 10.5" instead, that 120Mhz refresh rate has me a little interested.