Apple drops Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo integration in iOS 11

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    ktappe said:
    anome said:
    auto-fill from a password manager like 1Password
    LOL, you know those services are no more secure, right? OneLogin just got hacked a few days ago. If you guys are truly into security, storing your passwords in the cloud should be the LAST thing for you to be considering. 
    How would 1Password get hacked like OneLogin? 1Password doesn't store any of your data on their servers. It's your own private vault that you can store locally, sync via your own private Dropbox, iCloud, other services, or just sync a local connect at home without using any cloud-based services. It's encrypted file of your data is literally based on your "one password" that you use to log into your 1Password app. So how exactly can your account information be stolen if the 1password.com website gets hacked?
    watto_cobralostkiwiargonautjohn.bjensonbpscooter63anome
  • Reply 22 of 28
    YvLyYvLy Posts: 89member
    Finally!!!
  • Reply 23 of 28
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    People cheering the removal of an entirely optional feature because they don't like it is...Baffling.

This is pretty irritating for people who use this functionality, for little discernible benefit.
    muthuk_vanalingampscooter63
  • Reply 24 of 28
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Usually when Apple drops something they either have another solution, maybe an ability for all platforms to integrate or they'll soon be having their own platform.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Soli said:
    ktappe said:
    anome said:
    LOL, you know those services are no more secure, right? OneLogin just got hacked a few days ago. If you guys are truly into security, storing your passwords in the cloud should be the LAST thing for you to be considering. 
    How would 1Password get hacked like OneLogin? 1Password doesn't store any of your data on their servers. It's your own private vault that you can store locally, sync via your own private Dropbox, iCloud, other services, or just sync a local connect at home without using any cloud-based services. It's encrypted file of your data is literally based on your "one password" that you use to log into your 1Password app. So how exactly can your account information be stolen if the 1password.com website gets hacked?
    1Password does now offer a cloud sync service hosted on their servers, but I believe the vault is still encrypted by your key, and they can't access it. Even so, I'm not sure what alternatives ktappe might be suggesting, other than either using the same password everywhere, or writing them all on a piece of paper that they carry with them for when they need to enter their credentials.
    Soli
  • Reply 26 of 28
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    jensonb said:
    People cheering the removal of an entirely optional feature because they don't like it is...Baffling.

This is pretty irritating for people who use this functionality, for little discernible benefit.
    Coming a little late to this conversation, but it's not baffling to me AT ALL and I'm happy to clarify.

Facebook is a vile company, with a vile business model.  I don't want anything to do with them on my mobile devices.  As it stands, I have to look at facebook and other crap companies' ugly logos in multiple places.  It reminds me on a near-daily basis that they managed to get their hooks into iOS.

If Apple had made an OPTIONAL "add social media integration" setting somewhere that would go a long way to assuaging my own annoyances, but that's not how it went down. 

So yeah, very happy to have this stuff removed.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    anome said:
    Soli said:
    ktappe said:
    anome said:
    1Password does now offer a cloud sync service hosted on their servers, but I believe the vault is still encrypted by your key, and they can't access it. Even so, I'm not sure what alternatives ktappe might be suggesting, other than either using the same password everywhere, or writing them all on a piece of paper that they carry with them for when they need to enter their credentials.
    That's good to know. I've been using them for long and really haven't wanted for new features that I never looked into their monthly subscription offer, which I think is where that feature may be available as I don't see it with my apps.