Apple Watch band lineup boosted with new Sport, Nike Sport, and Pride bands

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Apple is now shipping a summer 2017 series of Apple Watch bands, including a slightly different version of the LGBT Pride band from the 2016 parade in San Francisco.

The Nike Sport Bands have been released on the Apple Store, matching Nike's recent footwear offerings. The $49 bands include Blue Orbit/Gamma Blue, Obsidian/Black, Light Violet/White, and Violet Dust/Plum Fog.

Additions to the Sport Band lineup include new Flamingo, Mist Blue, and Pollen colors. All of the new Sport Bands retail for $49.

Exclusively from Apple is the Pride Edition Woven Nylon band. The band was initially given the Apple employees at the Pride parade in San Francisco. It retails for $49, and is available for both 38mm and 42mm watches. Prior to the re-release, prices were hitting over $100 for the band on eBay and other second-hand marketplaces.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Pride band? That's the original six-color Apple logo color scheme...also, Robin Williams' rainbow-colored suspenders from the 80s.

(Even Jerry Seinfeld poked fun at 'em)

edited June 2017
  • Reply 2 of 18
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Wish it didn't mean "hey everyone! I'm proud to be gay!"

might get one anyway. 
  • Reply 3 of 18
    CavemanEmpireCavemanEmpire Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    Wrong. It is a pride band. Do the google man.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    From Wikipedia "the pride flag... originally devised by San Francisco artist Gilbert Baker, the design has undergone several revisions since its debut in 1978. I don't think Jobs was thinking Mork and Mindy when he okayed the first rainbow Apple logo. 
  • Reply 5 of 18
    cali said:
    Wish it didn't mean "hey everyone! I'm proud to be gay!"

might get one anyway. 
    It could also mean you're supportive to family and friends that are gay! 
    I'll surely get one to support my fellow co-workers. 
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Pride band? That's the original six-color Apple logo color scheme...also, Robin Williams' rainbow-colored suspenders from the 80s.
    Actually, no... The six-color Apple logo from top to bottom was green, yellow, orange, red, purple, blue. :smile: 

SpamSandwichpeterhartstantheman
  • Reply 7 of 18
    azentropyazentropy Posts: 57member
    What - no Toy Story bands to go with the new faces!?
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Wrong. It is a pride band. Do the google man.
    Would be great if Apple made a traditional tribal pattern one for Native Americans and a sealskin one for Inuit-Americans. As long as we're pandering, how about one covered with Catholic Church imagery, one with PETA animals all over it and one made of bark for the Sierra Club members?
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 9 of 18

Actually, no... The six-color Apple logo from top to bottom was green, yellow, orange, red, purple, blue. :smile: 

;) 
  • Reply 10 of 18
    mikethemartianmikethemartian Posts: 1,320member
    Sorry but rainbows and Sir Isaac Newton beat Apple and Mork to the punch.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Sorry but rainbows and Sir Isaac Newton beat Apple and Mork to the punch.
    Ha!
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Nanu Nanu!
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Ordered the Obsidian/Black to go with my space gray sport.  Think it will look pretty good.  Should be delivered tomorrow.  Posting that because I have no one to talk to right now.
    leighc-sfo
  • Reply 14 of 18
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    Sorry (noooo, not really) but Mother Nature beat Sir Isaac.

Original Apple logo-  http://www.vectorsland.com/imgd/l25555-apple-classic-rainbow-logo-86658.png
  • Reply 15 of 18
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Would be great if Apple made a traditional tribal pattern one for Native Americans and a sealskin one for Inuit-Americans. As long as we're pandering, how about one covered with Catholic Church imagery, one with PETA animals all over it and one made of bark for the Sierra Club members?
    I'm waiting for the Italian band to "come out" ;)
    Hey! How about "Flags of Friendly Nations"...or are there any of those left?
  • Reply 16 of 18
    I always love people who are like, "I love rainbows but don't like gays and now I feel left out." Seriously douche bags, get over it.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    azentropy said:
    What - no Toy Story bands to go with the new faces!?

I was hoping for Donald or Goofy faces. Not a fan of Toy Story, but that is because I never saw any of the parts.

And I wish Nike would get the Black and Orange combo band out! My Air Max shoes are feeling lonely!!

watto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 18
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    I realise there is marketing to be done but every time a new watch band/strap comes out I sort of get the feeling Apple wants to redirect out attention to the fact that nothing useful is being done to the software/apps on the watch itself.
    The watch band/strap holds the watch in place. Would you really care about a new frame for a painting?