See how Apple Pay person-to-person payments will work in iOS 11

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Would a person be able to send funds to a stock broker account? Would they be able to send funds to their online cryptocurrency exchange account?
    This is a transfer across iMessages. There needs to be iMessages at the other end. 
    bäNGk
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    It also seems that this could help facilitate easier blackmail and pressure tactic thefts. 
    In order to make sure there is no record of the transaction, blackmailers will continue to deal in cash and bitcoins. 
  • Reply 23 of 26
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    This seems a bit TOO easy to use.  (could a slip of the finger trigger it?)

But more concerning to me is its integration with 'Family Sharing':  My grandson is using my credit card via Apple's Family Sharing system and, to date, the worst damage he could do is buy a few apps or songs.   But, if he is given the ability to transfer a few thousand dollars to a friend, that could be a problem.

The easy out would be to claim that all expenditures have to be approved by the head of the family.   But, that system is so weak I was forced to disable it.   That is: it simply flashes an Apple notification which has to be responded to immediately or it disappears.  The last time, I was in the middle of checking out at Trader Joes using my Apple Watch when I got a notification he wanted to 'buy' an app.   I wasn't able to respond to it or even read it -- and then it was gone.   That was not a workable system.

I am hoping that Apple adds user controls to Settings so that this feature can be disabled or limited to say $50 -- or maybe just between family or contacts or...

• Reply 24 of 26
    bäNGkbäNGk Posts: 3member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Would a person be able to send funds to a stock broker account? Would they be able to send funds to their online cryptocurrency exchange account?
    This is a transfer across iMessages. There needs to be iMessages at the other end. 
    You could do so via a free bäNGk account which works with Apple Pay.
    bangk.us
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 25 of 26
    bäNGkbäNGk Posts: 3member
    P2P transfers via Apple Pay could be enabled with no fees whatsoever via a free bäNGk account. This also provides another layer of security between your debit or credit card and bank account as well as enables funds to be loaded via Square Cash, PayPal and even bitcoin and then used via Apple Pay and/or Apple Wallet. RSVP for a no fee bäNGk account at bangk.us