Leak purports to show front and back panels of Apple's 'iPhone 8' & 'iPhone 7s'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    maestro64 said:
    berliner said:
    Just a quick note: I am using an iPhone 7 Plus here in Europe, and it does have the CE Logo on the back.

Is the logo that big? MY US phone does not have the CE logo on it, which is kind of odd since Apple would not have different products for different markets> Most electronics today have all the label they need for all the markets.

Apple has had different iPhones for different cellular radio systems since at least the iPhone 4. It has even had different iPhones within the same market: CDMA iPhone 4 and GSM iPhone 4 within North America.  Thanks to more global standardisation and the ability of the latest iPhones to switch to many frequency bands, the need for different iPhones for different radio bands has greatly reduced; there are still two types each for iPhone 7 and for iPhone 7 Plus respectively.

Identifying your iPhone model
    https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201296
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 22 of 31
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    Please guys so much discussion about the size of the logo this is almost self parody.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    iirc, apple removed the etched logos on US phones only around the 6S release? My UK 6S has the exact same markings as this "leak" photo; CE 0682 (!) then a bin with a cross thru it. It also has the Designed... line but an extra line below that saying Model: A1688 FCC ID...

Most believable leak I've seen yet imho.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    maestro64 said:
    mike1 said:
    maestro64 said:
    berliner said:
    Just a quick note: I am using an iPhone 7 Plus here in Europe, and it does have the CE Logo on the back.

Is the logo that big? MY US phone does not have the CE logo on it, which is kind of odd since Apple would not have different products for different markets> Most electronics today have all the label they need for all the markets.
    My US iPhone has the CE and other logos (except for the #), almost as large. However, the color of the print does not pop like it does in that photo, making it much less visible.
    I just verified my phone again, it does not have any logo, it has in very small print the FCC ID # and the Model number that is it. and I have 6S so Apple is obviously change it over time.

This photo is of my iPhone 6S purchased in the UK.  It clearly has the CE logo.

ireland
  • Reply 25 of 31
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 755member
    vlscout said:
    Looks good. If only they could get rid of the camera bump, then we would be back to the unsurpassed beauty of the iphone 4.
    Please stop it. Not everyone gives a shit about the camera bump.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 26 of 31
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,111member
    igorsky said:
    vlscout said:
    Looks good. If only they could get rid of the camera bump, then we would be back to the unsurpassed beauty of the iphone 4.
    I do, but only if it's as ugly as the one in these pictures. 

Apple fans tend to care about small details regarding usability and aesthetic choices, because these are areas where Apple distinguishes itself from its competitors. 
  • Reply 27 of 31
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 755member
    igorsky said:
    vlscout said:
    I do, but only if it's as ugly as the one in these pictures. 

Apple fans tend to care about small details regarding usability and aesthetic choices, because these are areas where Apple distinguishes itself from its competitors. 
    How many people bought iPhones with camera bumps?  400mm?  These caring Apple fans you refer to are in a small minority.
    StrangeDaysmichael scrip
  • Reply 28 of 31
    vlscoutvlscout Posts: 32member
    After two years having my iPhone 6 in an Apple Dark Blue leather case ($50) I dropped into a place called CD-R King here in the mall (in Cebu Philippines) and picked up a clear jell case, for 150 pesos ($3).  My silver iPhone 6 looks like a jewel again, like the day I bought it before putting any case on it.  For those who say 95% of people put their phone in a case, yes, but there's a way to do that while retaining the gorgeous look of the phone and also overriding the camera bump.  So simple.  Just get a clear jell case. 
    Good idea. Thanks
  • Reply 29 of 31
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Can we end this whole iPhone 7S and iPhone 8 garbage. There is no way Apple is going to release a iPhone 7S and a iPhone 8 at the same time. Right off the bat the iPhone 7S is OLD and the iPhone 8 is really the only NEW iPhone. That would be what Apple ends up creating. My opinion is Apple does away with numbers all together like with the iPad. It'll be the iPhone, iPhone Plus, and the iPhone Pro. IF there's 3 versions. Possibly a updated iPhone SE for 4 phones. Apple in no way is going to announce a 7s version while at the same time announcing a 8 version. You had just made the 7s irrelevant. A older outdated version few will buy over the better, newer 8.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    jbdragon said:
    Can we end this whole iPhone 7S and iPhone 8 garbage. There is no way Apple is going to release a iPhone 7S and a iPhone 8 at the same time. Right off the bat the iPhone 7S is OLD and the iPhone 8 is really the only NEW iPhone. That would be what Apple ends up creating. My opinion is Apple does away with numbers all together like with the iPad. It'll be the iPhone, iPhone Plus, and the iPhone Pro. IF there's 3 versions. Possibly a updated iPhone SE for 4 phones. Apple in no way is going to announce a 7s version while at the same time announcing a 8 version. You had just made the 7s irrelevant. A older outdated version few will buy over the better, newer 8.
    The iPhone 8 isn't an official name. It's just being used internally. An engineer/designer at Apple who spoke about it referred to the 10th anniversary model as such during an interview. 
    I'm going with iPhone Pro as it makes the most sense, but then again Apple has always viewed the Plus model more pro-esque. iPhone AE anyone?
  • Reply 31 of 31
    tshapitshapi Posts: 370member
    jbdragon said:
    I believe the new "iPhone 8" is really the iPhone pro. It's the only product not to have a pro line. 

But lets say hypothetically, if Apple does come out with iPhone 7s and 8 I think they will get rid of the 7 like they did the 5 when they came out with the 5s.  

The iPhone 8 is either gonna be the "iPhone pro" or Apple will rename It with some other moniker. Chances are it will become the iPhone pro 
    edited June 2017