Apple posts second 'Can't Stop, Won't Stop: A Bad Boy Story' trailer ahead of June 25 rele...

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple on Tuesday posted to Twitter a teaser trailer for the upcoming Sean "Diddy" Combs documentary "Can't Stop, Won't Stop: A Bad Boy Story," which is due to hit Apple Music as an exclusive release on June 25.

The short 30-second spot includes a few additional clips from the forthcoming public release of "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" interspsersed between footage initially previewed in a commercial posted to YouTube in May.

Apple's latest teaser was posted to Apple Music's official Twitter account.

"Everybody has felt like giving up. I just got up and started to fight." -@diddy
Watch the movie on Apple Music 6/25. #CantStopWontStop pic.twitter.com/sC5HYTaahj

— Apple Music (@AppleMusic)

Seen above, the promotional video contains clips from the feature length documentary chronicling the rise of Combs' Bad Boy Records. The film also follows Combs and company as his team arranges a series of 20th-anniversary shows in 2016, and includes behind-the-scenes interviews with industry executives such as industry mogul and Apple Music head Jimmy Iovine.

Unlike windowed music releases, which remain exclusive to Apple's streaming service for a weeks or months, "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" will be restricted to Apple Music subscribers for at least one year.

The Combs documentary is part of an effort to secure and produce exclusive video content for Apple Music customers. Reports suggest the company has up to 10 shows planned for 2017, including known entities like "Carpool Karaoke," "Planet of the Apps" and documentaries about Clive Davis and Cash Money Records.

Last week, Apple released the first episode of "Planet of the Apps," a game show about app development that represents the company's first foray into television programming.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    Seems quite uninteresting and narrow, so it's not clear to me this is what Apple should have gone with as one of the premiere "exclusive content" videos.

But then, I suppose my tastes are different (not saying it's better, just different).
  • Reply 2 of 11
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    LOL... I stopped being impressed by rappers about 25 years ago.
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 3 of 11
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    I agree. Some of best rap is from 1982-90. (And an occasional Eminem, although his more recent stuff is rather mediocre).
  • Reply 4 of 11
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    FWIW some form of Apple/Combs publicity aired on ABC TV in a spot near the end of last nights NBA Championship Finals [at least in one large Eastern U.S city]. I didn't really pay attention to it, but was kind of impressed that Apple invested in such prime positioning for media/services.

Part of Combs family history was profiled on PBS show by Harvard Prof. Henry Louis Gates. Turns out, if I recall correctly, Sean Combs descended not from slaves, from great great black grandparents living free and working in Ohio or somewhere.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Not since 1992, eh? Then you're really missing the best produced rap songs and rappers that have ever existed in the genre. Keep in mind that Kendrick Lamar was only 5yo on this day in 1992 and Kanye West had just turned 16yo. Then you have plenty of artists that existed before the 21st century that recorded excellent stuff post 1992 and into the 21st century.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,668member
    Soli said:
    Not since 1992, eh? Then you're really missing the best produced rap songs and rappers that have ever existed in the genre. Keep in mind that Kendrick Lamar was only 5yo on this day in 1992 and Kanye West had just turned 16yo. Then you have plenty of artists that existed before the 21st century that recorded excellent stuff post 1992 and into the 21st century.
    Kanye West is a rapper?

I thought he is more a nasal talker.

The music in his albums is usually really good. But his talking during the music almost kills it. 
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Soli said:
    Yes, I have to say I didn't have much time for Kanye West, then I heard 'Black Skinhead'…
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Rayz2016 said:
    Soli said:
    Yes, I have to say I didn't have much time for Kanye West, then I heard 'Black Skinhead'…
    Another case of really cool sounding music nearly ruined by some Urkel sounding voice talking during the music. 

And hes he's trying way too hard to sound hard. 

Who producrs his stuff? Timbaland? That guy makes everyone sound good. 
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 9 of 11
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Soli said:
    Another case of really cool sounding music nearly ruined by some Urkel sounding voice talking during the music. 

1) Nothing about that song or album sounds like anything I've ever heard from Timbaland.

2) It's usually easy to find out who produced any popular song or album these days, especially it's a chart topper. Daft Punk is all over _Yeezus_ (2013).

• Reply 10 of 11
    Soli said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    Soli said:

1) Nothing about that song or album sounds like anything I've ever heard from Timbaland.

2) It's usually easy to find out who produced any popular song or album these days, especially it's a chart topper. Daft Punk is all over _Yeezus_ (2013).

Agreed. I should have clarified that I didn't mean that song. But songs like "stronger," etc.

Most of Kanye's stuff is forgettable, and the "singing" in all his stuff is forgettable, but there are a few amazing music productions in his albums for sure.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    ronmgronmg Posts: 163member
    All I know is, the picture looks like he's trying to act tough and say 'don't mess with me' but his face looks like you could slap it and he would run crying to either his mommy or a lawyer!!