Watch: Every change, bug fix and new feature in Apple's second iOS 11 beta

Posted:
in iPhone edited June 2017
Apple this week released the second beta version of its upcoming iOS 11 operating system to developers for testing with a litany of bug fixes, UI changes and new features. AppleInsider takes a closer look at the modifications in this hands-on video.

For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

gregoriusm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Very nice job with the update video! Just the facts...
    gregoriusmwlymcpdpr
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Very nice job with the update video! One of the best I've ever seen! So good I had to sign-up just to let you know...
    gregoriusmjSnivelyvadimyuryevjony0
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Waiting on customizable 3D Touch actions per application. Ones now available aren't always most useful.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Waiting on customizable 3D Touch actions per application. Ones now available aren't always most useful.
    I thought that was available with APIs since it was introduced.

edit: Thinking about it, I'm wondering if you're referring to iOS apps that you can then alter 3D Touch actions in Settings.
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 5 of 7
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Soli said:
    I thought that was available with APIs since it was introduced.

edit: Thinking about it, I'm wondering if you're referring to iOS apps that you can then alter 3D Touch actions in Settings.
    YOu probably have both, the app could use the API and Apple could enable manipulating the app specific 3d touch parameters in the settings.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    A good video. The BT change is curious— previously it turned off BT but now it only disconnects from BT devices but remains on? What would be the functionality/value of that change?

Some nice tweaks. 100MB apps over cellular and not just WiFi, and downloading files!

I need a phone that can use 3D Touch.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    CarPlay also received an update in Beta 2. In the first beta, Guidance (the black section with directions) wasn’t enabled. Now it’s not only enabled, but shows the lane guidance feature Apple talked about at WWDC. Voice guidance is a lot better now with the inclusion of lane information (easier to keep your eyes on the road).