Watch: Messages gets new features and improvements in iOS 11

Posted:
in iPhone edited June 2017
When iOS 11 launches this fall, users will be able to take advantage of a few new Messages features like iCloud syncing and a one-handed keyboard. AppleInsider takes a closer look at Messages in iOS 11 beta 2 in this video.

For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

gregoriusm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sergiozsergioz Posts: 338member
    I am curious about deleting messages in iOS 11. If for example, I compose a message send it to a friend and then delete it. Will it be erased on my device only or both? What I am asking is, will deleted message stay on my friend's phone or it'll be deleted also?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    sergioz said:
    What I am asking is, will deleted message stay on my friend's phone or it'll be deleted also?
    You can’t get out of a drunk message that easily. It’s only gone from yours.
    sergiozbestkeptsecretwatto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sergiozsergioz Posts: 338member
    sergioz said:
    What I am asking is, will deleted message stay on my friend's phone or it'll be deleted also?
    You can’t get out of a drunk message that easily. It’s only gone from yours.
    ha ha right on, thank you for answering!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Very nicely done video. Who is that?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Eric_WVGGEric_WVGG Posts: 968member
    The persistent appearance of garish app "sticker" icons (on iPad, at least) is maddening.

I wish there was a preference to "hide app extensions" from Messages for users who are not teenagers.