AppleInsider podcast talks iPhone at 10, in-display fingerprint readers, reviews, more

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2017
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Neil and Victor talk 10 years of iPhone, Qualcomm's patent on an ultrasonic fingerprint reader embedded within a display, and more.

AppleInsider editors Neil Hughes and Victor Marks discuss:
  • 10 Years of iPhone!
  • What iPhone meant to us at the time, and how it changed computing
  • Qualcomm demos under-glass fingerprint sensor
  • There are no Retina displays for external GPU use (yet)
  • Review: Logitech Slim Combo Smart Connector keyboard for Apple's 10.5" iPad Pro
  • Better, Faster, Stronger: a review- 2017 MacBook Pro fulfills the promise of the line's redesign
  • Review: Hover Camera Passport drone is light and takes good pictures
  • Review: Linksys Velop mesh networking kit
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.

Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:

Show note links: Follow our hosts on Twitter: @thisisneil and @vmarks.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    And at the 44:44 time mark, someone should have muted their mic...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    JohnDeeJohnDee Posts: 50member
    I switched off as soon as somebody said that google plus was the greatest thing... There is no company more intrusive, privacy invading, etc. than that bl**dy lot.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    vmarksvmarks Posts: 762editor
    JohnDee said:
    I switched off as soon as somebody said that google plus was the greatest thing... There is no company more intrusive, privacy invading, etc. than that bl**dy lot.
    Good - had you listened past that very short bit of having a go at Google, you might have had to listen to 30 minutes of talking about the 10th anniversary of the iPhone. I'm glad you were spared that. 

It's called parody. We were making fun of Google by talking up one of their biggest failures as if it had been a success. That's the joke.
    lordjohnwhorfincornchip
  • Reply 4 of 4
    nhughesnhughes Posts: 770editor
    JohnDee said:
    Might want to keep listening next time.

lordjohnwhorfincornchip