Apple issues second public beta of iOS 11 for iPhone, iPad

Posted:
in iPhone
Registered members of Apple's public beta testing program now have a second pre-release build of iOS 11 available to download, arriving two days after the third developer beta was released.

Apple's iOS 11 is scheduled to be finalized and released to the public this fall, but in the interim, users can opt in to test the early beta builds as bugs and kinks are worked out. Apple warns that its beta software should only be installed on devices dedicated for development and testing, and should not be used on crucial daily-use hardware.

The latest beta of iOS 11 includes a fix for Bluetooth connection issues using Wirless iAP protocol. It also brings back the "swipe up" gesture to close an app in the app switcher and Control Center view on iPad.

Registered devices can install the latest iOS 11 beta through the Software Update feature in the iOS Settings app.

The first public beta of iOS 11 was released in late June.

Wednesday's iOS 11 public beta 2 did not arrive alongside a new public beta of macOS High Sierra. The first public beta of High Sierra arrived three days after the June launch of iOS 11 public beta 1.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    misterchambomisterchambo Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Version number of public beta same as developer Beta 3?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Something odd is going on here. I posted before I updated, and when I came back here, that post was missing. I posted to that effect, and then, just to see what would happen, I reloaded the page. That post went missing as well! I turned safari off by swiping, but it wasn’t there when I turned safari back on.

so two posts are missing. I then rebooted the iPad. I couldn’t type in my password. Nothing happened. Then, the screen went back to the horizontal setting I use it with, and I could then type in my password.

this post seems to be holding. Anyone else with a problem like this?
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Well, they’ve fixed the problem with the drop down bookmarks menu. Now it gives us 12 bookmarks rather than the miserly 5 the first public beta did. Much better, though I’d still like it to go to the bottom of the screen.
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Version number of public beta same as developer Beta 3?
    yes it is the same
  • Reply 5 of 9
    My iPad Air was unusable with Beta 1, this version is MUCH better!
    bshankEric_WVGG
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Just tried to use the FLAC file process in Files..I downloaded a single flac file from iCloud Drive and it worked in beta1 and now in beta 2 it is not working.  Any thoughts?

Leo

• Reply 7 of 9
    lfred150 said:
    Just tried to use the FLAC file process in Files..I downloaded a single flac file from iCloud Drive and it worked in beta1 and now in beta 2 it is not working.  Any thoughts?

Leo

Since we don’t why Apple had it working in public beta 1, we don’t know why it isn’t now, unless it is, differently.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    On public beta 2 ... and it appears that one of my exercise days isn't displaying correctly.

Any idea on how to get the little rings to register properly and the achievements to count correctly again?

• Reply 9 of 9
    Jordanf1Jordanf1 Posts: 21member
    More stable than Beta 1, but beta 2 , Icloud photo share and then move to actual phone, makes photos just close