Photo app Infltr briefly goes free in official Apple Store promotion

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple is now offering free redemption codes for Infltr -- a camera/editing tool for the iPhone and iPad that usually costs $2 -- to users of the Apple Store iOS app.

The promotion can be found by scrolling down in the Apple Store Discover tab. Infltr promises an "infinite" amount of filters, made possible through a special color gradient algorithm.

When shooting, swiping over the preview changes hue, and double-tapping picks a filter at random. Custom filters can be saved for later. Buttons and 3D Touch controls let users toggle flash, aspect ratio, Live Photos, and more.

When editing, the app can adjust elements like contrast, color temperature, and vignetting. In addition to still shots, it can also handle videos and animated GIFs.

Filters work when shooting from Messages, and the app also includes an Apple Watch companion, which enables remote control and changing filters via the Digital Crown.

Infltr requires iOS 9 or later, and normally costs $1.99. Redemption codes will expire on Aug. 15.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    It looks like it's not free or in the "discover" area anymore. Edit: I had to update my Apple store App. I saw your image. I was looking at another area. Edit 2: I thought this was talking about the app store, I see it's a different app.
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 2 of 15
    It looks like it's not free or in the "discover" area anymore.
    It's there for me, ready to be downloaded.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Sadly, not free on Irish Apple Store. Then again, we don't even have an Apple Store in the country, so I shouldn't be too surprised. 

😔 
  • Reply 4 of 15
    It looks like it's not free or in the "discover" area anymore. Edit: I had to update my Apple store App. I saw your image. I was looking at another area. Edit 2: I thought this was talking about the app store, I see it's a different app.
    Aaah... thank you! I was looking in the App Store as well. It's the Apple Store that has the Discover tab at the bottom.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    Strange, it's in the discover area of the Apple Store app and it says it's free. But clicking the link to go to the App Store app, it asks for a code...
  • Reply 6 of 15
    JanNL said:
    Strange, it's in the discover area of the Apple Store app and it says it's free. But clicking the link to go to the App Store app, it asks for a code...
    same here… asks for code and offers none.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    JanNL said:
    I was redirected to a page that said "Redeem your gift card using your iPhone's camera". I just tapped the Redeem link in the upper right and it downloaded. 
  • Reply 8 of 15
    JanNL said:
    I was redirected to a page that said "Redeem your gift card using your iPhone's camera". I just tapped the Redeem link in the upper right and it downloaded. 
    Normally Redeem would work, but it's grayed out...

• Reply 9 of 15
    sanssans Posts: 58member
    JanNL said:
    JanNL said:

Same for me. I am in the US and running iOS 11 public beta 2, if that helps.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    Works for me.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    sans said:
    JanNL said:
    JanNL said:

Same for me. I am in the US and running iOS 11 public beta 2, if that helps.
    Running the same iOS, maybe it's the bèta?
  • Reply 12 of 15
    viclauyycviclauyyc Posts: 849member
    Works for me in canada 
  • Reply 13 of 15
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    How does it work in Messages? I downloaded and it seems like a nice app, but I don't see how to access it when taking pics in Messages.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Redeeming doesn't work if you're running iOS11 beta.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    iOS11 b and having no redeeming luck whatsoever. At £2.00 it's hardly beyond my financial reach. It's just one of thousands of pic adjustment apps, so I'll just accept defeat.

OOI, has anyone using iOS11b2 actually managed to acquire the app?
    edited July 2017