Apple rival Huawei debuts KFC-branded Android phone in China

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    almondrocaalmondroca Posts: 179member
    wizard69 said:
    kevin kee said:
    Hm, would there be McD phones too? All these commercial diluted phones in red colour just tainted Red products that is genuinely to support HIV/AIDS cure.
    Product RED is a slap in the face to any person that has died or fell ill from other more common and less controllable diseases.   Frankly I know more people that have died from Breast cancer than AIDS.    I just don't see our priorities being set right with Product RED.    That doesn't mean we ignore disease just that money should go to where the impact will be the greatest.
    I take it you have a spreadsheet of how much money goes to curing each disease compared to the prevalence of each, and that it shows HIV/AIDS is disproportionately funded. If not, your comment has a whiff of homophobia. This is in the same genre as the "all lives matter" retort. 
    Sigh...whipped out the homophobia AND "all lives matter" cards.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    spice-boy said:
    It's incredible how dumb folks can be....and what they fall for....
    Do you mean the millions of Americans that buy those $5 buckets from KFC each day? 
    I dont know anyone that buys buckets each day, but there are lots of people who buy them once in a while. Fried chicken is fine in moderation.
    Yeh, a moderate amount of KFC, a moderate amount of McD's, a moderate amount of PizzaHut,  a moderate amount of Dairy Queen, a moderate amount of CocaCola, a moderate amount of chips...

Moderation kills...  Just more slowly
    avon b7
  • Reply 43 of 47
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,667member
    tomasulu said:
    lkrupp said:
    Apple’s main competition ripoff artist in China -- Huawei -- has taken the unusual step of releasing a Kentucky Fried Chicken edition of the Enjoy 7 Plus to mark the 30th anniversary of the restaurant chain arriving in the country.

There, I fixed it for you. You’re welcome.

The ‘Enjoy 7’? Really? All your phones are belong to us.
    People seem to think everything from China is a ripoff. It's a misplaced sense of cultural superiority. This is just a phone with the KFC red branding. Lots of phones with that Long oval bump now and appeared on other phones before iphone 7. 
    They think that because there's so much copying in China. Like this product and brand, which is a ripoff.
    What did they rip off?

There have been times when Huawei has invested more in R&D than Apple. Seems like a strange tactic for a rip off brand.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    wizard69 said:
    kevin kee said:
    Hm, would there be McD phones too? All these commercial diluted phones in red colour just tainted Red products that is genuinely to support HIV/AIDS cure.
    Product RED is a slap in the face to any person that has died or fell ill from other more common and less controllable diseases.   Frankly I know more people that have died from Breast cancer than AIDS.    I just don't see our priorities being set right with Product RED.    That doesn't mean we ignore disease just that money should go to where the impact will be the greatest.
    Breast cancer already has a massive, massive public awareness campaign. To suggest an AIDS one shouldn't exist because Other Diseases Exist is just stupid. More stupid is your notion that working on one thing is a "slap in the face" to people of another thing. 

Considering your post history regarding trans and gays, I suspect your own agenda is getting in the way of rational thought.

Actually, I think he missed a memo. Aren't more people supposed to die from Prostate Cancer than Breast Cancer each year? Despite the fact that less than half the population have a prostate, while almost all of the population has breasts?

So clearly we should stop putting any money into Breast Cancer, and put it all into Prostate Cancer. At least until we find something that kills more people.

GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 45 of 47
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    Huh.  I actually kinda want one of these.

Not to use as a phone, of course - just because it's really funny.

• Reply 46 of 47
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Sriracha Lexus: they just copied the concept from Lexus.