Apple squashes bugs with releases of iOS 10.3.3, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, tvOS 10.2.2, watchO...

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2017
Apple on Wednesday issued minor updates for all four of its major platforms, addressing bugs and patching potential security holes in iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS. [Updated with iTunes 12.6.2 release]

iOS 10.3.3, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, watchOS 3.2.3, and tvOS 10.2.2 are all now available to download as public, final releases. The updates are believed to be minor, as Apple focuses its attention on next-generation major releases of the software this fall, most notably iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra.

The iOS 10.3.3 update is available either over-the-air through the Settings app on an iPhone or iPad, or by connecting a device to iTunes on a Mac or Windows PC. Release notes mention only bug and security fixes.

macOS 10.12.6 is similar, likewise appearing to be a maintenance update.

A total of six developer betas of iOS 10.3.3 and macOS 10.12.6 were issued before the software was finalized.

In addition, there are also are full releases of tvOS 10.2.2, for Apple TV, and watchOS 3.2.3, for Apple Watch, now available to install. There are no apparent feature additions in either.

The new releases are identified as build numbers:
  • iOS 10.3.3 (14G60)
  • macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)
  • watchOS 3.2.3 (14V753)
  • tvOS 10.2.2 (14W756)
Update: Mac and Windows users should now be able to download iTunes 12.6.2. Apple's notes indicate only minor app and performance tweaks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    loren22loren22 Posts: 3member
    Don't update. iPhone 7 went into a hang. Won't update.
    retrogusto
  • Reply 2 of 25
    BuffyzDeadBuffyzDead Posts: 356member
    For another perspective

Do Update.
    My iPhone 7, My iPad Air 2 and my three Macs all updated, super smooth, and without any issue whatsoever.

chiasnype719anton zuykovretrogustosergiozanomelolliver[Deleted User]jony0flashfan207
  • Reply 3 of 25
    propodpropod Posts: 67member
    For another perspective

Do Update.
    My iPhone 7, My iPad Air 2 and my three Macs all updated, super smooth, and without any issue whatsoever.

Yep np here either, add iPhone 5&6 + iPad mini 4
    lolliverjony0
  • Reply 4 of 25
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    Updated via the over the air updates an iPhone 6S and a first generation Apple Watch. So far so good.
    Scot1
  • Reply 5 of 25
    appexappex Posts: 687member
    Resume playback on iTunes?
  • Reply 6 of 25
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    loren22 said:
    Too late. I already updated with no issues. But thanks for the advice. Will you be waiting long for Apple to pull the defective update you claim it is?
  • Reply 7 of 25
    zimmermannzimmermann Posts: 324member
    lkrupp said:
    loren22 said:
    Too late. I already updated with no issues. But thanks for the advice. Will you be waiting long for Apple to pull the defective update you claim it is?
    Ipad mini 4, Iphone 6S and Iphone 6 went without a glitch, OTA.
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 8 of 25
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    loren22 said:
    Just because you have issues doesn't mean everyone else will. Your setup isn't the same as everyone else's. 
    lolliver
  • Reply 9 of 25
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    So far, multiple iPads and iPhones updated with zero issues.
    lolliver
  • Reply 10 of 25
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    Did they pull macOS Sierra 10.12.6? I'm not seeing it in the store.

(Edit: I signed out of the store and back in and it appeared after a bit of time. So not pulled.)
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 11 of 25
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    loren22 said:

As others above have said, I updated with no issues on my iPhone 7. I did update via iTunes, and not over the air, which has in the past been more prone to problems.

Maybe you just got a bad download.

• Reply 12 of 25
    I updated my computer version 10.12.6 on my macbook pro. But it does not show up on both of my moms and dads computer. Did they pull it?
  • Reply 13 of 25
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    catcrazy said:
    I updated my computer version 10.12.6 on my macbook pro. But it does not show up on both of my moms and dads computer. Did they pull it?
    I thought the same thing but it showed up after I signed out of the store and back in. Still took a few minutes of spinning before it showed. Probably a little overwhelmed right now. 
  • Reply 14 of 25
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    jdb8167 said:
    catcrazy said:
    I thought the same thing but it showed up after I signed out of the store and back in. Still took a few minutes of spinning before it showed. Probably a little overwhelmed right now. 
    Might be why it didn't seem to show up for my Mac mini. MBP updated pretty cleanly, though.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    loren22 said:
    This is dangerous advice, as iOS updates also contain security fixes.

No problems here on several devices.
    macseekerbshanklolliverchia
  • Reply 16 of 25
    jdb8167 said:
    catcrazy said:
    Thanks signed in and signed out but had to check for updates twice. Installing update now. Thanks again.😀
  • Reply 17 of 25
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    loren22 said:

Then delete the post.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    macseekermacseeker Posts: 545member
    lkrupp said:
    loren22 said:

Then delete the post.
    I don't think that will be warranted.  It can be construed as censorship.  There are some posts that are abhorrent to me in this forum but I will not have them deleted.

• Reply 19 of 25
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    loren22 said:
    Do update. But don't put iPhone in microwave. Will cause update to hang. 

• Reply 20 of 25
    steveausteveau Posts: 299member
    macxpress said:
    loren22 said:
    Just because you have issues doesn't mean everyone else will. Your setup isn't the same as everyone else's. 
    Loren22 has made only two previous posts in two and a half years, both of them negative, so more likely s/he's trolling.
    boredumb