Feral porting BioShock Remastered to macOS to commemorate 10th anniversary of title

Posted:
in General Discussion
Mac game porting house Feral is releasing BioShock Remastered for macOS, with the new title bringing 1080p graphics to the heralded decade-old title.

Originally developed by Irrational Games and published by 2K for Windows and console, "BioShock Remastered" is set in the decaying underwater city of Rapture, in an alternate 1960.

"BioShock Remastered" plunges players into the dystopian underwater Rapture after a plane crash. To survive the onslaughts of the city's mutated inhabitants, players must rewrite their own genetic codes, and find creative ways to combine their powers with scavenged weapons.

The remastered version is not an update to the original title, but a new game. It will be available directly from Feral, Steam, and the Mac App Store.

Feral has not confirmed system requirements, but on Windows, the title requires a Core 2 Duo processor at 2.66 GHz or faster, and a Radeon GTX 670 or Radeon HD 7770 or better. Recommended specs are a 3GHz quad-core processor, and a Radeon HD 7970 or Nvidia GTX 770 and better.

On Steam, the Windows version sells for $19.99.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    napmannapman Posts: 25member
    And then, on the 11th anniversary, after a MacOS update it won't work anymore and they'll never update it?
    Avieshek
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    napman said:
    And then, on the 11th anniversary, after a MacOS update it won't work anymore and they'll never update it?
    I see where you're coming from with that, given the history of the iOS version. But, the non-remastered Mac version from 2012 works fine still.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    I think I have the CD version somewhere but it can't run these days just like every other CD Mac game I have in a box in the attic mostly due to graphics drivers I'd guess but no way to update them.  OT maybe, but I have tried getting Steam updated versions to activate many games they have for which I have CDs using the CD serials which in theory should work but it never does.  It would be nice if these companies made a greater effort in helping those that purchased CD versions even if it was a decade or more ago by working more closely with Steam.  
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 4 of 4
    AvieshekAvieshek Posts: 100member
    So, only ancient games have started to come to Mac. I see eons to go before the latest releases start arriving.