Video: See instant markup and notes with Apple Pencil in iOS 11 on iPad Pro

Posted:
in iPad
The Apple Pencil will become more powerful and useful than ever with this fall's release of iOS 11, giving users the ability to instantly begin drawing and taking notes as soon as the stylus is in hand. AppleInsider offers a closer look at how the new feature will work on the iPad Pro.

For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    What is the best workflow to take a photo on the iPad and then mark it up with the pencil?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    robjnrobjn Posts: 283member
    Question: Does iBooks in iOS 11 support annotation of pdfs without Apple Pencil?

• Reply 3 of 9
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,422member
    Question... can I tap with Pencil on home screen and bring up a selected app instead of Note?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,464member
    This has to be the biggest upgrade of any OS on any platform ever... Just Wow!!
    cornchip
  • Reply 5 of 9
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Another excellent video tutorial.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    netrox said:
    Question... can I tap with Pencil on home screen and bring up a selected app instead of Note?
    My instant thought too. Would more complex note taking and filing notes apps be able to use this feature, or would I have to use notes and then use another ios11 feature to later import the notes into the preferred app?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    What a bunch of bull! Some of the features shown may be useful to paid pencil-pushers, but no mention at all is made of making it easier for writers to edit their documents with the Apple Pencil. For my money, the iPad's biggest shortcoming remains how slow and clumsy it is to edit text with a stubby finger.
    xzu
  • Reply 8 of 9
    omalansky said:
    What a bunch of bull! Some of the features shown may be useful to paid pencil-pushers, but no mention at all is made of making it easier for writers to edit their documents with the Apple Pencil. For my money, the iPad's biggest shortcoming remains how slow and clumsy it is to edit text with a stubby finger.
    That's every device that is finger driven as fingers come in all shapes and sizes with varying levels of dexterity. My daughter has incredibly thin and deft fingers and flys on her iPad Pro 9.7 in traditional two handed mode and thumbs on her iPhone 6. I have stupidly thick and large hands yet I manage thumb typing just fine on my iPad Pro 12.9 and thumbs or one handed with a 7 plus. 
  • Reply 9 of 9
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    Only one month to go!