Safari private window

Posted:
in Genius Bar
There are several ways to turn on 'new private window'. How do you turn it off?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    In OS X? In iOS? If the latter, private browsing windows are maintained separately from regular windows. Simply hit the tab switcher button (the two overlaid squares in the top right–on an iPad) and touch 'Private' again so that the word isn't a cutout of a rounded rectangle anymore (and is just text). For OS X, I can't remember off-hand and I'm not near a Mac right now.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Tallest Skil,

Thanks, but I'm on an iMac w/ OS X Sierra. 
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I guess I’m confused by your question. Command+N brings up a new regular window after you’ve used a private one, with or without the closure of said window beforehand. Are you getting stuck with only private windows coming up?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    I guess I’m confused by your question. Command+N brings up a new regular window after you’ve used a private one, with or without the closure of said window beforehand. Are you getting stuck with only private windows coming up?
    I was getting getting stuck with only new private windows; however, I did a SMC and got it unstuck. I realized I had a wider problem when files wouldn't open either by tapping them or using 'Open'.  SMC (unplugging for fifteen seconds) resolved a bunch of such problems. 

Thanks for your help and concern. 
    tallest skil