New dummy unit of Apple's 'iPhone 8' shows off alleged gold/copper color

Comments

• Reply 21 of 48
    bluefire1 said:
    Another rumor is that the iPhone 8 will be able to make breakfast and sew clothing.

My 6+ already makes breakfast, as long as it's coming from Starbucks.

I expect an enterprising developer will utilize the 8's AR capabilities to create an app that will make clothing for me too.
  • Reply 22 of 48
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    In my little understanding, isn't dummy means either fake or prototype? The front face is definitely unfinished. Why people judge it as if it was a real one I have no clue. Anyway, if you believe Apple don't see what we see on this "dummy" and release it like this, then you don't know Apple at all. Just saying. About the colour, it might be true, but not exactly. Remember when there was rumour about Rose Gold colour and a bunch of fake colours appeared on the net which does not exactly look like the real one?
    StrangeDayspscooter63
  • Reply 23 of 48
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    bluefire1 said:
    Another rumor is that the iPhone 8 will be able to make breakfast and sew clothing.

And whisper sweet nothings and inspirational sayings in your ear as you sleep.
  • Reply 24 of 48
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I see some intriguing dots on the side of the phone in the palm of the hand. What is that?
    Good eyes, Murph. 

Looks a bit like the smart connectors on the iPad. 
    pscooter63
  • Reply 25 of 48
    boredumb said:
    "Copper"?
    ...No,
    "Coffee Diarrhea"...
    I agree.  This gives me a flashback to the brown Zune. 
    retrogustoboredumb
  • Reply 26 of 48
    sog35 said:
    Front Bezel is UGLY in white. very ugly.

Fake.

Why is Apple using a glass back? To cut costs.

Pretty obvious that Apple shock the world with pricing:

iPhone 7s $579
    iPhone 7s Plus $699

iPhone X - $799

Apple purposely leaked that the phone would be $1000+ last year.  That way when the phone gets a price of $799 people would say 'that's cheap!"

If they didn't leak the expensive price, then people said Apple was ripping people off by increasing the price from $650 for the iPhone7 to $799 for the iPhoneX.  Now it will look like a bargain.
    Every so often I take you off my ignore list so I can reply to one of your insane posts and remind you that you have no clue how Apple thinks, operates or works. 

Now, as you were. 
    edited August 2017 StrangeDaysradarthekat
  • Reply 27 of 48
    Wow. A brown iPhone.  Shocking.  Less than impressed.  White bezels - Apples unhealthy obsession with white strikes again. 

Folks get ready for iPhone 9 - when Apple introduces dirty pea green with a touch or diarrhea color for iPhone with neon bezels so u can't miss it.  Can't wait,
    doozydozen
  • Reply 28 of 48
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Wow. A brown iPhone.  Shocking.  Less than impressed.  White bezels - Apples unhealthy obsession with white strikes again. 

Folks get ready for iPhone 9 - when Apple introduces dirty pea green with a touch or diarrhea color for iPhone with neon bezels so u can't miss it.  Can't wait,
    This is obviously not a real phone. It's someone's mockup based on specs they've found on the web.
    StrangeDaysdoozydozen
  • Reply 29 of 48
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member

You are either dumb or purposely stir the rumours up. In any cases, move along, nothing to see here.
    StrangeDayspscooter63
  • Reply 30 of 48
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,105member
    Get ready for iPhone 9, where the case will change colors to fit your mood.
  • Reply 31 of 48
    Around this time of year, Chinese manufacturers start fabricating iPhone mock ups based on rumor mill stories, then sell them to Western bloggers who have a "What's up guys, it's me again" YouTube channel. A tiny slice of the economy based on interest in Apple rumors.
  • Reply 32 of 48
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member

Seriously? 🙄
  • Reply 33 of 48
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Looks like you can polish a turd.
    trashman69doozydozen
  • Reply 34 of 48
    maclvr03maclvr03 Posts: 198member
    Been wanting a copper model since the 6 came out. I'd be in! 
    pscooter63
  • Reply 35 of 48
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Perfect match for the new frying pan I bought on TV! 
    As someone who works in that industry, I found that very funny.
  • Reply 36 of 48
    tshapitshapi Posts: 370member
    Rayz2016 said:
    I see some intriguing dots on the side of the phone in the palm of the hand. What is that?
    Good eyes, Murph. 

Looks a bit like the smart connectors on the iPad. 
    I agree and if that's so, this would make it the iPhone pro! I also noticed there appears to be no typical bottom lightning port on this phone so that could be the port 
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 37 of 48
    roakeroake Posts: 811member
    roake said:
    I will be very disappointed if Touch ID is on the back of the phone.  If there is *no* Touch ID, I will be absolutely shocked!  I can't imagine Apple would just eliminate it, even if the facial recognition is perfect.  There are too many cases where users cannot safely expose their face to the phone (while doing construction on a building, for example).
    Edge cases ("What if you're doing construction on a building! On a rope!") don't matter, any more than they do with Touch ID. When edge cases happen, you have to use the passcode. World turns.
    Well, people shouldn't do this, but you know they will.  Can't unlock the phone while riding a motorcycle with the helmet on.  Well, then... screw the helmet - that things getting left at home from now on.  You know it's true!  Should they be using their phone while controlling ANY vehicle?  No, but we all know it's going to happen.  Lots of people on motorcycles.  Not as much of an edge case.
  • Reply 38 of 48
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    The Zune is back!
  • Reply 39 of 48
    Status Light 👍🏾 Or Notification Light
  • Reply 40 of 48
    sog35 said:
    Front Bezel is UGLY in white. very ugly.

Fake.

Why is Apple using a glass back? To cut costs.

Pretty obvious that Apple shock the world with pricing:

iPhone 7s $579
    iPhone 7s Plus $699

iPhone X - $799

Apple purposely leaked that the phone would be $1000+ last year.  That way when the phone gets a price of $799 people would say 'that's cheap!"

If they didn't leak the expensive price, then people said Apple was ripping people off by increasing the price from $650 for the iPhone7 to $799 for the iPhoneX.  Now it will look like a bargain.
    Rather than just throwing insults, I should probably elaborate. 

To to begin with, it's very unlikely that Apple would need to do anything to cut costs. Hardly anyone pays for an iPhone outright: it usually comes when they take out a new plan, so all this concern about the price is bogus because hardly anyone ever sees it. For people who by their phone separately then they will probably sign up to the Apple finance scheme if it's available. It's interest free, includes AppleCare, and gives you the option of upgrading after a qualifying time period.