Inside iOS 11: AirPods controls expand with separate left/right earpiece taps, skip track ...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    I love my AirPods...they just 'perch' in your ear. They've never fallen out of my ears. Not once

Having the case charge them was a stroke of brilliance. I would recommend them to anyone.

I use them primarily for listening to Podcasts while trail running coupled with my AppleWatch. But best of all, I don't have to carry an iPhone! :)

For me the micro phone is amazing. I like being free of the iPhone when I am taking a call as well. Well as long at I am within Bluetooth range which seems much better than any other bluetooth device I have ever used. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 25
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    lkrupp said:
    Soli said:
    lkrupp said:
    More customization, please. More menu items. Single- and triple-taps. Replace taps with a touch (while AirPods are inserted in the ears); taps are loud, inexact, inconvenient. Enable Apple Watch taps on an AirPod complication.
    Less customization please. Less tapping and other useless features only some nerd would use. Keep it simple, Apple, like you’ve always done. Ignore the feature bloat crowd. They are not your core customer. Let ‘em go to the competition if they want to. Everybody will be better off if they do.
    What do you mean "like you’ve always done"? Have you not see how many options there are for the trackpad? It's only the aspect of System Preferences that comes with built-in how-to videos. Or that their wired headphones with over 10 different controls built into a single switch? Just because you've kept yourself in the dark about the versatility of Apple's products doesn't mean that Apple should stop including options because you like to pretend that they don't exist.
    I’m not in the dark at all. It's feature creep that eventually ruins a product. If feature creep didn’t affect normal users it might by okay but too many options do indeed hurt the majority of users. Someone accidentally taps, double-taps, triple taps, touches, pinches, whatever, and that user is sent off to the feature gulag not knowing what the hell just happened. So called power users are the kiss of death for simplicity and intuitiveness. Just saunter over to the Apple Discussion forums and see the cries for help.
    Feature creep. Oooo. Scary!

i guess the trackpad has too many touch features on the MBP. Which is why it's just a matter of time before the entire thing is replaced with a capacitive touch screen. 

Hey, keyboard, keep those modifier keys in check. You might be next!

(even though I make fun, the idea of a capacitive touch top replacing the touchpad & keyboard is something I'd love apple to take a crack at when tech & interface has advanced far enough)

back to to the AirPods: best Apple product of its time. I love mine. Since the input gestures are EXTREMELY limited by design, allowing customization to users interested in that is smart. It's still important that Apple cast a wide net with the factory-configured AirPod controls for the non-nerd to maintain its dead-simple operation by default. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 25
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    WiFi AirPods. That's what I want. 

Assuming it could be done in the same form factor, there'd probably be no BT, and shorter battery life. But wandering in and around the house with just my AirPods would be sooooo convenient.

I've got wireless 'cans' but the range isn't much better than BT, and they are too isolating and heavy for long term wear, not to mention sliding around a little while moving.

I'm really happy with my AirPods. Walk with them every day. using one at a time so I can hear surrounding foot and vehicle traffic. Lots of bicyclists on the sidewalk and they never announce that they're passing.

On thing that bothers me is occasional audio dropouts. I carry my phone in my left pants pocket and wear an AirPod in my right ear. Sometimes turning my head causes a dropout for a fraction of a second. There are also a few disturbances in the force as a pass certain business. These cause a momentary dropout. Or it may be something in the design of certain structures.

I especially appreciate the automonomixing with single 'Pod use.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    No plans on my part to buy an Apple Watch, but here's to hoping for an upgraded Bluetooth Shuffle sometime soon. Fingers crossed.
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 25 of 25
    macgui said:
    On thing that bothers me is occasional audio dropouts. I carry my phone in my left pants pocket and wear an AirPod in my right ear. Sometimes turning my head causes a dropout for a fraction of a second. There are also a few disturbances in the force as a pass certain business. These cause a momentary dropout. Or it may be something in the design of certain structures.
    Yeah I have them too. After everything I heard of the W1 chip I didn’t expect that. Luckily it’s happening only occasional and I think it is connected to areas with a lot of radio like other phones and WLANs. In areas like that, I have occasional dropouts.