New 'Beats Neighborhood Collection' headphone, earphone colors available at Apple Retail, ...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple is now selling Beats Solo 3, Powerbeats 3 Wireless earphones, and the Beats Pill+ speaker in a new assortment of colors called the "Beats Neighborhood Collection."

The new headphone colors were revealed on Aug. 25, and include "Break Blue," "Asphalt Gray," "Brick Red," "Turf Green," and "Break Blue" for the headphones and earphones. The Beats Pill+ is available in Asphalt Gray and Turf Green.

The new colors do not supplant any of the older ones. Retail pricing remains the same at $299.95 for the Beats Solo 3, $199.95 for the Powerbeats 3 Wireless earphones, and $179.95 for the the Beats Pill+ speaker.

The Beats Neighborhood Collection devices are exclusively available at Apple Retail, Target, and John Lewis in the U.K.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Pretty horrendous colors.

But what do I know...
    peterhartmike1
  • Reply 2 of 11
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Still has same defective hinge design.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Pretty horrendous colors.

But what do I know...
    "Turf green" almost makes me puke. "Brick red" looks pink. I'm just curious as to how these were named...
  • Reply 4 of 11
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,666member
    Uh...

so these look look like the color of the cheap plastic toys from 1985...

doesnt look nostalgic. Doesn't look cool. Doesn't look classic. And doesn't look modern. 

Basically these colors suck. 

The only redeemable color color is the grey. And that's only because it's a neutral color. 

And... "neighborhood" collection?

sounds so much like panning to the demographic Beats feels makes up "the ghetto" 
    i still remember early 2000s commercials from cell phone companies selling cheap phones and plans trying to penetrate certain urban demographics (with cheap service to go with it) and their commercials always ended in this line: "in the neighborhood." 

im glad Apple isnt afraid to try new things. But the whole beats purchase set forth the wrong way to do things. Apple was the raging success. Beats was a niche. So you'd expect Apple to buy beats, upgrade everything's by to Apples standard, and tie it all together. Instead, beats exerted influence of the usual Apple offerings and messed it up. Apple Music has as a heaping pile when it first came out - heavily influence by "talent" from the Beats acquisition. It took a while for Apple to make it like an Apple product again. The headphones thankfully have been kept separate. 
    peterhart
  • Reply 5 of 11
    If the "Turf Green" set colour had been named "Steamed Spinach" I could understand it... but I come to the conclusion - stayin' with a green theme - that the 'designers' are smokin' lousy weed.
    peterhart
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I hope they did a bit of reengineering to the interiors of the Powerbeats as well as moulding them in new colors. My wife is on her second set in 5 months of these "sweat resistant" earbuds...
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Beatz...ohhhh k. apple isn't a computer company anymore
  • Reply 8 of 11
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    Maybe I don't get your comment, but Apple hasn't been a computer company for quite some time...hence why they removed "Computer" from their name. If Apple were strictly a computer company they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are today...not even close. 
    edited August 2017 ronnStrangeDays
  • Reply 9 of 11
    macxpress said:
    Maybe I don't get your comment, but Apple hasn't been a computer company for quite some time...hence why they removed "Computer" from their name. If Apple were strictly a computer company they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are today...not even close. 
    Apple has been more than a computer company since the iPod. Took them a while to drop "computer" from the name. But that has been the case long before Beats even existed. Like 7 years prior. 

And apple had music down before and after beats as well. Good thing they're getting things back to Apple standards. And I can help but think having athletes wear Apple branded headphones would be a better marketing move than wearing beats branded. But whatevs. 
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I bet they look better in person.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,844member
    I always get a kick out of the Beats naysayers and haters. Meanwhile, profits. Since profits don’t happen without customers plopping down cash, it seems Beats knows what it’s doing more than online naysayers. Imagine that.