This week on AI: The 4K Apple TV is nigh, $999 pricetag for 'iPhone 8,' Iowa data center &...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2017
A fifth-generation Apple TV was all but confirmed for Apple's September press event, bringing the product up to par with rivals like Roku. The event's main attraction, meanwhile, could prove to be one of the most expensive smartphones ever released.

To keep up on the latest in the Apple world, download the official AppleInsider app, and subscribe to our email newsletter.

Everything you need to know:

• Expect a new Apple TV with 4K and HDR next month > >
  • The "iPhone 8" may start at $999 -- even more than a top-end 7 Plus > >
  • The phone could come in 64-, 256-, and 512-gigabyte versions > >
  • Mass production might not even start until the middle of September > >
  • Apple is building a $1.3 billion data center in Iowa > >
  • The ultimate goal of Apple's self-driving tech could be ridehailing > >
  • The company's fall press event could be set for Sept. 12 > >
For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here, or stream the embed below:

A roundup of all of our hottest stories this week:

Apple to launch 4K Apple TV model at September iPhone event

New report claims OLED 'iPhone 8' will start at $999, not higher $1200 price point

Apple's 'iPhone 8' to come with 64, 256 or 512GB of storage, 3GB of RAM - report

Minus Touch ID, Apple's 'iPhone 8' may enter mass production in 'third week of September'

Apple confirms $1.3B Iowa data center, says operations will start in 2020

Apple's self-driving tech said to be aimed at ridehailing as hiring resumes

Carrier-sourced rumor suggests 'iPhone 8' launch event will take place on September 12

iOS 11's Apple Pay Cash setup may require scanning personal ID

Court throws out lawsuit blaming lack of texting 'lock-out' technology in iPhone caused car accident

Apple's Swift curriculum coming to over 30 community colleges, select high schools

Apple removes Iranian apps from App Store, cites U.S. sanctions

Watch: 2017 12.9" iPad Pro vs. 12" MacBook

Leaked images allegedly show 'iPhone 7s' display assembly

Video: Everything you need to know about watchOS 4 in under four minutes

Virgin Mobile extends $1 year of unlimited iPhone data to bring-your-own switchers

Self-driving campus shuttle to rise from ashes of Apple's 'Project Titan,' report says

Apple & Qualcomm squabble, lay out early arguments in San Diego court hearing

Parallels Desktop 13 ships with support for macOS High Sierra, Touch Bar

Video purports to show testing of Apple 'iPhone 8' with rear-mounted Touch ID

Apple makes seventh developer betas of High Sierra, iOS 11, tvOS 11, watchOS 4 available

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    The rumored Sept. event may be the best Apple event since the original iPhone in 2007.
    cornchip
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Soli said:
    The rumored Sept. event may be the best Apple event since the original iPhone in 2007.
    And the 2018 September event will be even better, and then the 2019 event, etc.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    DCJ0001 said:
    Soli said:
    And the 2018 September event will be even better, and then the 2019 event, etc.
    Do you honestly believe it can be the most memorable Apple event every year or are you pillorying my comment because you don't think 2017 will stand out among the most memorable Apple events?
    edited August 2017 cornchip
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I own nearly Apple product there is including 1st gen Apple TV and last gen black Apple TVs, but I've moved on to Nvidia Shield now which is already 4k. I won't be going back to Apple TV. Too little, too late for me. The Nvidia Shield blows the Apple TV away completely and I usually hate Android...lol.