Apple said to unveil 'iPhone 8,' 'iPhone 7s' and more at Sept. 12 event

Comments

• Reply 81 of 125
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member

melgross said:

sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    If true, I wonder why Apple isn’t going to use level 2 wireless charging, at 15 watts, rather than level 1 charging, at 7.5 watts. I can say for certain that my 7+ charges a lot faster using a 12 watt iPad charger than the measly 5 watt charger that comes with it. It even charges a bit faster using the 29 watt Macbook charger that I bought as the primary charger for my iPad Pro 12.9”, which charges a lot faster with that than the 12 watt charger.

i hope Apple is giving up on those old chargers this year. The iPhone really needs at least an 8 watt charger, and the iPad Pro 12.9”, a 16 watt model.
    see Samsung Note 7.

Apple rarely does something for no reason

"Exploding" was a one-off among the 100+ models that support quick charging, so safety issue "only due to" quick charging support can be ruled out. However I wouldn't rule out the possibility of reduced battery longevity and life due to quick charging. I have read in many websites where many people have complained about the amount of heat generated while quick-charging their Android phones, but they continue to use it because it is so "convenient" to use. What effects that quick charging has on their battery over a long time - I have no idea.

While common sense dictates that this (quick charging negatively affecting the longevity of battery and/or phone) would be true, my view is that there is not enough research done into this aspect. Or may be I am not reading enough articles about this. Can someone point out to articles which discuss in detail about "fast charging" and the effect that it has on Battery AND/OR the Phones which support them? In this context, Apple taking a conservative approach is the "right" thing to do in my view.

Quick charging is something else. The idea there is to charge for 15 minutes, or so, and get up to at least 50% charge. That does shorten battery life. Though, for Pro power tool batteries, 15 minute chargers actually give longer total battery life. Different kind of charger, and different kind of lithium battery.

but fastER charging just cuts down on long charge times. High quality batteries can handle that without a problem.
    Ok, I mixed up the terms there. Thanks for the clarification. I have a question on the statement highlighted - When we use fast charging (say a 20W charger as against a 5W charger) to charge a phone battery over a period of 2 years once everyday, how well the battery would retain its capacity after that in both the cases? Based on your post, I assume both batteries would have similar life left in them. Is that a fair statement to make? Has enough research done on that? Are there articles which present the research findings?
    It depends on how robust the battery is. Apple’s batteries have been notably robust, which doesn’t mean that some people don’t get short battery lives. Remember the normal curve.

ive had  my batteries work pretty well over time. Newer replacement batteries, which are a fair amount cheaper, have been said to be less robust. I can’t speak about all Android batteries, but some Android phones are known for short overall battery lives. Any extra heat generated during charging isn’t going to help that.
  • Reply 82 of 125

melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:
    If true, I wonder why Apple isn’t going to use level 2 wireless charging, at 15 watts, rather than level 1 charging, at 7.5 watts. I can say for certain that my 7+ charges a lot faster using a 12 watt iPad charger than the measly 5 watt charger that comes with it. It even charges a bit faster using the 29 watt Macbook charger that I bought as the primary charger for my iPad Pro 12.9”, which charges a lot faster with that than the 12 watt charger.

i hope Apple is giving up on those old chargers this year. The iPhone really needs at least an 8 watt charger, and the iPad Pro 12.9”, a 16 watt model.
    Well unless you are a power engineer I don't think we know why Apple chose the lower standard (if they did, it's just a rumor for now). Of course this will be touted by the haters, if true, as some failure on Apple's part. But apparently Apple doesn't care one bit about what there haters say, or what some users say when they don't know why something is happening.
    That’s just making excuses. And I designed a fair amount of electronics professionally. I understand power as well as most anyone.

the point is that the standard Apple is using has two levels. Obviously, Apple made a decision here, it wasn’t random. I’m questioning why they made that decision. Some flagship Android phones are using level 2. Since the iPhone can easily charge with chargers higher than 15 watts without any problems, it’s a valid question as to why Apple went with the lower number, assuming that it’s correct, as I said in my other post. I would be happy if it was incorrect.

but Apple’s devices are known for slow charging times with the supplied chargers. That’s nothing new. Just look at the review comparisons at the sites that do that.
    Unless you’re an EE at Apple, i’m not sure i understand your challenge of the rumored decision. Nobody here is going to have the answer, at least at this point in time. As always I’m confident it’s about engineering and not any kooky conspiracy to screw their own customers as others have proclaimed in the last couple weeks. 
    I just said it, and I’ll say it again. Some of you guys are way too quick to defend Apple about something that they don’t need defending about. And this nonsense about having to work for Apple before saying anything is ridiculous. I suppose if I said anything about Maps when it first came out would have I been criticized by the same people here? And if I did, what would those same people have said when Tim Cook apologized for the poor showing that maps had made, and the firing of Forstall?

would you question Cook for that? After all, how dare he say something negative about apple!

am just asking folks. That’s still ok here, isn’t it? Is the site now taken over by the fanboys completely?
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 83 of 125
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

Well unless you are a power engineer I don't think we know why Apple chose the lower standard (if they did, it's just a rumor for now). Of course this will be touted by the haters, if true, as some failure on Apple's part. But apparently Apple doesn't care one bit about what there haters say, or what some users say when they don't know why something is happening.
    That’s just making excuses. And I designed a fair amount of electronics professionally. I understand power as well as most anyone.

the point is that the standard Apple is using has two levels. Obviously, Apple made a decision here, it wasn’t random. I’m questioning why they made that decision. Some flagship Android phones are using level 2. Since the iPhone can easily charge with chargers higher than 15 watts without any problems, it’s a valid question as to why Apple went with the lower number, assuming that it’s correct, as I said in my other post. I would be happy if it was incorrect.

but Apple’s devices are known for slow charging times with the supplied chargers. That’s nothing new. Just look at the review comparisons at the sites that do that.
    Unless you’re an EE at Apple, i’m not sure i understand your challenge of the rumored decision. Nobody here is going to have the answer, at least at this point in time. As always I’m confident it’s about engineering and not any kooky conspiracy to screw their own customers as others have proclaimed in the last couple weeks. 
    I just said it, and I’ll say it again. Some of you guys are way too quick to defend Apple about something that they don’t need defending about. And this nonsense about having to work for Apple before saying anything is ridiculous. I suppose if I said anything about Maps when it first came out would have I been criticized by the same people here? And if I did, what would those same people have said when Tim Cook apologized for the poor showing that maps had made, and the firing of Forstall?

would you question Cook for that? After all, how dare he say something negative about apple!

am just asking folks. That’s still ok here, isn’t it? Is the site now taken over by the fanboys completely?
    It all depends on what you say. If you say you think Apple should've started working on Maps sooner or wait until more features were finished before releasing it, then that would be a opinion you can hold, but if you said that the Maps engineers were literally sitting around and doing nothing for the past 6 months then that would definitely be something where you'd have to work for Apple to have any idea what that team has been up to.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 84 of 125

melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

another clueless person who thinks they can engineer iPhones better than Apple......
    Oh please, your post shows that you are far more clueless than I am. You think, like a fanboy, where everything Apple does is always the best, and that every decision is always the right one, no matter what.

i’m questioning why they did it, because the phones can obviously charge at much higher rates. It’s a very fair question to,ask.

what’s not fair is people who know nothing, attacking me for asking it.,
     I flagged you for calling him a fanboy. That’s a stupid ad hominem fallacy/attack. Didnt you used to be a mod here? And you’re going to call people fanboys?
    Flag me all you want to, if that makes you happy. If you think being called a fanboy is a big deal, then that’s an issue for you, not me. Some people here would be proud to be called a fanboy. I’m being called ignorant by a couple of people here because I’m asking a fair, and proper question. Perhaps you should flag them too, and possibly yourself while you’re at it.

a fanboy is someone who always accepts what a company does, and brooks no discussion of it by anyone. If people are doing that, then they’re acting like fanboys. If the shoe fits...
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 85 of 125

sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

another clueless person who thinks they can engineer iPhones better than Apple......
    Oh please, your post shows that you are far more clueless than I am. You think, like a fanboy, where everything Apple does is always the best, and that every decision is always the right one, no matter what.

i’m questioning why they did it, because the phones can obviously charge at much higher rates. It’s a very fair question to,ask.

what’s not fair is people who know nothing, attacking me for asking it.
    So who's more clueless?

Me or a dude who thinks he knows how to build iPhones better than Apple?

Give me a break.  Apple would fire you the first day on the job trying to do Apple power management. Sorry bro.  You are not elite level. Apple is. You are not. Now just sit back and let the masters show you how its done.
    Again, you know absolutely nothing. You are nothing. You are just running your mouth off in complete ignorance. I’m surprised at that from you. But rather than have a sane discussion about this you’d rather attack me. I just wonder how much electronics you’ve designed over the years?

I suppose you defended the round mouse for the iMac for years too.
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 86 of 125

I’d love the apologists here to explain the engineering reason behind not shipping 29W charger with 12.9” iPad Pro. I use one to charge my Pro all the time zero problems.
    Cost. That’s a $49 charger, as you know. I use it too. Even for my iPhone 7+, where it works very well, and cuts the charge time down from even the 12 watt chargers.
  • Reply 87 of 125
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

I flagged you for calling him a fanboy. That’s a stupid ad hominem fallacy/attack. Didnt you used to be a mod here? And you’re going to call people fanboys?
    Flag me all you want to, if that makes you happy. If you think being called a fanboy is a big deal, then that’s an issue for you, not me. Some people here would be proud to be called a fanboy. I’m being called ignorant by a couple of people here because I’m asking a fair, and proper question. Perhaps you should flag them too, and possibly yourself while you’re at it.

a fanboy is someone who always accepts what a company does, and brooks no discussion of it by anyone. If people are doing that, then they’re acting like fanboys. If the shoe fits…
    1) Why limit the term to a company? You don't see people being fans of products, services, musicians, actors, television series, and pretty much anything else? I certainly do.

2) Can you really say there are people that "always accepts what a company does"? I'm sure you've been called an Apple fanboy and yet you've just used the Maps debacle as an example, which would make calling you an Apple fanboy untrue, based on that comment alone since it means that it's not always. I bet that means a lot of people you'd call a fanboy can't be fanboys under your definition.
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 88 of 125
    gatorguy said:
    melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

Read his post again. He did not call him a fanboy.

IMO you're being too touchy and unnecessarily aggressive. I completely understand the succinct point Mel was making but that you might be missing even if I might personally have worded it differently. Read the post he was replying to before accusing Mel of initiating a personal attack.
    We’ve had our differences, but thanks.

i really don’t understand the venom here. I understand that Apple has their reasons. I would just like to know what they are.
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 89 of 125
    Soli said:
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

It all depends on what you say. If you say you think Apple should've started working on Maps sooner or wait until more features were finished before releasing it, then that would be a opinion you can hold, but if you said that the Maps engineers were literally sitting around and doing nothing for the past 6 months then that would definitely be something where you'd have to work for Apple to have any idea what that team has been up to.
    I don’t remember saying much about it other than when after a few months, it got a lot better, and that Apple got their mapping info, and still does, from Tom Tom, which is known for not having the very best info. But Apple has according to reports, hired at least a couple of thousand people of their own for this. Obviously, they’ve cared very much about it as this is becoming a major part of these companies portfolios.

but as for why Maps was messed up in the beginning. I suppose we would have to blame Scott Forstall for that, as he was the head of the department that dealt with it, and as Truman said, “The buck stops here.”

Edit:

now that I’m thinking about it, I remember actually defending Maps as being a very large project that was bound to have release problems.
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 90 of 125
    melgross said:
    Soli said:
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

I don’t remember saying much about it other than when after a few months, it got a lot better, and that Apple got their mapping info, and still does, from Tom Tom, which is known for not having the very best info. But Apple has according to reports, hired at least a couple of thousand people of their own for this. Obviously, they’ve cared very much about it as this is becoming a major part of these companies portfolios.

but as for why Maps was messed up in the beginning. I suppose we would have to blame Scott Forstall for that, as he was the head of the department that dealt with it, and as Truman said, “The buck stops here.”
    1) I still put the blame on the Jobs for not having planned ahead, but I can't say that I've ever had a major issue with Maps, yet I'll also say that Apple has also never responded (or as far as I can tell fixed) any of the submissions I've made over the years despite many on this forum saying that Apple has been quick to resolve issues.

2) Their attributions page shows a lot more than Tom Tom. They even work with Waze, but clearly not in the ways that makes Waze a great app for many users. Maybe to cross reference traffic congestion? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Reply 91 of 125

Soli said:
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

a fanboy is someone who always accepts what a company does, and brooks no discussion of it by anyone. If people are doing that, then they’re acting like fanboys. If the shoe fits…
    1) Why limit the term to a company? You don't see people being fans of products, services, musicians, actors, television series, and pretty much anything else? I certainly do.

2) Can you really say there are people that "always accepts what a company does"? I'm sure you've been called an Apple fanboy and yet you've just used the Maps debacle as an example, which would make calling you an Apple fanboy untrue, based on that comment alone since it means that it's not always. I bet that means a lot of people you'd call a fanboy can't be fanboys under your definition.
    I suppose so. But as I’m being roundly criticized for asking a question, and being told that “Apple” knows what it’s doing, and that I’m subhuman (it seems) for questioning why they’re doing it, I’m thinking of “company”.

i try very hard to look at issues, and do whatever work I can to understand them before coming on anywhere and posting. This is an issue that we’ve just been reading about. It’s puzzling to me why they are doing this, if they are. I can think of a couple of reasons why they may, but that brings up other issues as well. I find it interesting, and was hoping that we could have an intelligent discussion about it. I was not expecting to be attacked over it.

as I’ve said in times last, I agree with what Apple does at least 80% of the time, which I think is really pretty good. But they’re not perfect. and even when they do things that I think are correct, I often wonder why. It’s the engineer in me to question everything I see. Fixing machine designs was something I used to do, for my own company, and for companies who supplied machinery to us. You’d be surprised at the design errors major companies can make.

so when I defend Apple, there are a few who accuse me of being a fanboy, directly. And when I question Apple, there are a few who accuse me of being an Apple hater. How someone with 100,000 Apple shares can be an Apple hater, I don’t know, but there it is.

i think I may have called two or three people here fanboys over the years. Considering how long I’ve been here, and how many posts I’ve made, that’s not a lot. But it’s more the vehemence with which they express their opinion, such as the way Sog35 is here, now, that makes me think fanboy, even if he really isn’t. It’s amusing that one guy flagged me for that. I hope it got him all excited.
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 92 of 125
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    sog35 said:
    2 iPhone X
    2 HomePods
    2 iPad 2017
    2 LTE Watches
    1 ATV5

DAMN!

good thing AAPL stock is on fire.

And you don't impeach Tim Cook anymore?
  • Reply 93 of 125
    I wanted to chime in regarding pricing...Apple will not reduce the price of the 7S/7S Plus. That is why they have the 7/7 Plus that is still selling very well in place of their value lineup...

Prediction says:

7 = 32gb $549 / 128gb $649 / (no 256gb)
    7 Plus = 32gb $649 / 128gb $749 / (no 256gb)

7S = 32gb $649 / 128gb $749 / 256gb $849
    7S Plus = 32gb $769 / 128gb $869 / 256gb $969

iPhone Edition/8/X = 64gb $999 / 256gb $1099 / 512gb $1199

i believe these will be the price points will take place. I say about 95% accurate.

Apple does not need to lower the prices on their phones. They have a commanding lead by each single Android manufacturer in the "smartphone space"...Samsung sells more phones, but they pull in less money per handset...
    tmay
  • Reply 94 of 125
    creemail said:
    I wanted to chime in regarding pricing...Apple will not reduce the price of the 7S/7S Plus. That is why they have the 7/7 Plus that is still selling very well in place of their value lineup...

Prediction says:

i believe these will be the price points will take place. I say about 95% accurate.

Apple does not need to lower the prices on their phones. They have a commanding lead by each single Android manufacturer in the "smartphone space"...Samsung sells more phones, but they pull in less money per handset...
    Accursvy based on what? How can you possibly determine any accuracy, and what kind of statical analysis doesn’t allow for any variance?

Most interesting in these made up prices is ignoring th iPad Pro price jump of $200 to go from 256GB to 512GB. I’d wager that you didn’t even notice that or you would’ve at least made a statement as to why you think the price bump will be halved for 256GB more capacity for the iPhone, which means you didn’t do the bare minimum of research to come up with your price points. Thanks for wasting our time, Sog 2.0.
  • Reply 95 of 125
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,621member
    melgross said:

Soli said:
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:
    lkrupp said:

melgross said:

I suppose so. But as I’m being roundly criticized for asking a question, and being told that “Apple” knows what it’s doing, and that I’m subhuman (it seems) for questioning why they’re doing it, I’m thinking of “company”.

i try very hard to look at issues, and do whatever work I can to understand them before coming on anywhere and posting. This is an issue that we’ve just been reading about. It’s puzzling to me why they are doing this, if they are. I can think of a couple of reasons why they may, but that brings up other issues as well. I find it interesting, and was hoping that we could have an intelligent discussion about it. I was not expecting to be attacked over it.

as I’ve said in times last, I agree with what Apple does at least 80% of the time, which I think is really pretty good. But they’re not perfect. and even when they do things that I think are correct, I often wonder why. It’s the engineer in me to question everything I see. Fixing machine designs was something I used to do, for my own company, and for companies who supplied machinery to us. You’d be surprised at the design errors major companies can make.

so when I defend Apple, there are a few who accuse me of being a fanboy, directly. And when I question Apple, there are a few who accuse me of being an Apple hater. How someone with 100,000 Apple shares can be an Apple hater, I don’t know, but there it is.

i think I may have called two or three people here fanboys over the years. Considering how long I’ve been here, and how many posts I’ve made, that’s not a lot. But it’s more the vehemence with which they express their opinion, such as the way Sog35 is here, now, that makes me think fanboy, even if he really isn’t. It’s amusing that one guy flagged me for that. I hope it got him all excited.
    Like you said, 'a few'.

Apparently, most AI traffic is drive by so, in context, your opinion will stand up to wider review by those who never even post (the majority) and be appreciated for having explained your point of view even if it is vehemently criticised by the few who, it must be said, are just that, few.

For what it's worth I saw nothing flaggable in your comments either but each to his own, when it comes to opinions, they're just that although 'jumping on people', getting stroppy, agressive, offensive etc really serves no purpose at all but those reading without posting, quickly learn which posters fall into that group.

Just let those comments go. Like water off a duck's back.

• Reply 96 of 125
    $1,200 for 256GB iPhone 8 is a bargain!  iPhone 7S still has the 720i screen resolution, 2GB DDR3 RAM and it is $849 for the top out at 128GB too.  Not a bargain buy!
  • Reply 97 of 125
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    creemail said:

Prediction says:

Accursvy based on what? How can you possibly determine any accuracy, and what kind of statical analysis doesn’t allow for any variance?

Most interesting in these made up prices is ignoring th iPad Pro price jump of $200 to go from 256GB to 512GB. I’d wager that you didn’t even notice that or you would’ve at least made a statement as to why you think the price bump will be halved for 256GB more capacity for the iPhone, which means you didn’t do the bare minimum of research to come up with your price points. Thanks for wasting our time, Sog 2.0.
    charging $200 more to jump from 256 to 512 is ridiculous. Just because they did it for the iPad does not mean they will do it for the iPhone.

64 GB to 256 GB = 52 cents for each additional GB

256 GB to 512 GB =  78 cents for each additional GB

Makes ZERO sense to charge more per GB when you go to 512. That's dumb.
    1) And despite this "makes ZERO sense" claim we have actual evidence that Apple has done exactly that. This isn't your wannabe three-eyed raven predictions—this is fucking historical data to pull from. You can't even understand why Apple did that, you can only say it "makes ZERO sense" when it clearly made sense to Apple, once again showing that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

2) The inverse of your calculations is that the highest tier capacity have the least amount of cost for the customer. In this case, you're suggesting that customers that want the newest and densest NAND capacity should only pay 39¢ per gigabyte while the mid-tier customers pay 52¢ per gigabyte to upgrade. This complete lack of critical thinking is why you're constantly being put in your place. For a three-eyed raven you sure eat a lot a crow.
  • Reply 98 of 125
    vulpine said:
    Something I don't understand: why are people saying that Apple will release an "iPhone 7S" and an "iPhone 8" at the same time?

So far, we've been taught that major iPhone updates are every other year, with incremental updates between them: 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 7. Having a 7S appear on the same day as an 8 would be confusing - people would wonder, does the 7S use older technology than the 8? Who would want to buy something that's outdated as soon as it's released?
    It would absolutely be a change for Apple, but there have been so many months of rumours and potential leaks that the two designs seem like they could happen. Additionally, this is the 10th anniversary for the iPhone so Apple may be wanting to capitalize on that while also having some very expensive—with a relatively low-yield—components for this expensive model to help set them further apart from their competitors.
    edited August 2017
  • Reply 99 of 125
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    creemail said:

Prediction says:

charging $200 more to jump from 256 to 512 is ridiculous. Just because they did it for the iPad does not mean they will do it for the iPhone.

1) And despite this "makes ZERO sense" claim we have actual evidence that Apple has done exactly that. This isn't your wannabe three-eyed raven predictions—this is fucking historical data to pull from. You can't even understand why Apple did that, you can only say it "makes ZERO sense" when it clearly made sense to Apple, once again showing that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

2) The inverse of your calculations is that the highest tier capacity have the least amount of cost for the customer. In this case, you're suggesting that customers that want the newest and densest NAND capacity should only pay 39¢ per gigabyte while the mid-tier customers pay 52¢ per gigabyte to upgrade. This complete lack of critical thinking is why you're constantly being put in your place. For a three-eyed raven you sure eat a lot a crow.
    Nope.

This 3-eyed raven knows much more about Apple then you do.  That's why I invested big in them for the last 5 years and made HUGE BANK.  While you didn't.  Because you don't understand Apple. And you don't understand business.

Just because Apple did this memory thing for the iPad does not mean they will use identical pricing for iPhone. The $200 difference was probably because they were experimenting, there was a lack of supply, or they felt very few would order the 512 size.

Sorry bro. I know Apple more than you. Especially the business side.
    You know them so well that 1) you didn't even know that iPad Pro had a $200 jump between tiers until I pointed it out, and 2) you can't even keep your BS pricing consistent for an entire hour… on the same thread:

August 24, 2017
    10:57AM - "iPhone X - Starts at $979 for 64GB"
    11:43AM - "iPhoneX  32GB  $979,  128GB $1099, 256 GB $1199"

The three-eyed Cliff Clavin strikes again.

• Reply 100 of 125
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    creemail said:

Prediction says:

Nope.

This 3-eyed raven knows much more about Apple then you do.  That's why I invested big in them for the last 5 years and made HUGE BANK.  While you didn't.  Because you don't understand Apple. And you don't understand business.

Just because Apple did this memory thing for the iPad does not mean they will use identical pricing for iPhone. The $200 difference was probably because they were experimenting, there was a lack of supply, or they felt very few would order the 512 size.

Sorry bro. I know Apple more than you. Especially the business side.
    You know them so well that 1) you didn't even know that iPad Pro had a $200 jump between tiers until I pointed it out, and 2) you can't even keep your BS pricing consistent for an entire hour… on the same thread:

August 24, 2017
    10:57AM - "iPhone X - Starts at $979 for 64GB"
    11:43AM - "iPhoneX  32GB  $979,  128GB $1099, 256 GB $1199"

The three-eyed Cliff Clavin strikes again.

When did I ever say I didn't know about the iPad pricing? I said it didn't make sense for Apple to use the same tiers as iPad.

So what if my guesses about price are not consistent. They are GUESSES. They really don't matter much in the big picture.

Bottom line is Apple will sell out of iPhoneX for MONTHS no matter what price they charge.

That's the difference between you and me.  You get all caught up in the details and start cursing people. While I can see the big picture and have vision. 
    If you actually could see the big picture you wouldn't make any silly claims about knowing the prices of their upcoming devices and you wouldn't constantly change your absolute statements as your emotional state changes… just like you do with the stock price and which head of Tim Cook you want to come...off.
    edited August 2017