Elgato outs five new Apple HomeKit-ready accessories including door lock & smoke detector ...

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 2017
Elgato on Tuesday revealed five upcoming accessories in its HomeKit-compatible Eve line, in some cases branching into new smarthome categories such as door locks and smoke detection. [Updated with more release info]

The updated Eve Thermo.
The updated Eve Thermo.

The Lock turns latches and bolts, and will automatically lock a door the moment someone closes it behind them, Elgato said. It runs on an internal battery. Control options include Siri, iOS Home, and the official Eve app. Because it relies on Bluetooth rather than Wi-Fi, control away from home should require an iPad or Apple TV operating as a HomeKit hub.

The Smoke, also Bluetooth-based, can be set to trigger HomeKit scenes and notifications in addition to its built-in alarm. Elgato is promising a 10-year battery life. The Aqua, meanwhile, is an irrigation controller that can be used to trigger and monitor sprinkling for lawns and gardens, whether on-demand or according to schedules.

The Window Guard is actually an upgrade of a previous window sensor, and detects force to gauge whether a window is open, closed or titled, sending a notification whenever something changes.

Elgato's last addition is a second-generation Thermo radiator valve. New to the product are features like capacitive touch controls and a built-in temperature display, as well as support for HomeKit presence detection, which can be used to change temperature automatically when the last person leaves a building.

The company has yet to reveal dates or prices for most of the new products, but the updated Thermo should arrive in Europe Sept. 26 for 59.95 pounds or 69.95 euros.

Update: Elgato has told AppleInsider that at first, only the Eve Aqua will come to the U.S.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Nooooooooo. 

We need Eve Smoke!!  

• Reply 2 of 6
    neilmneilm Posts: 987member
    Based on the reviews, all the current remote locks appear to have some kind of fatal flaw. Maybe Elgato will be the one to finally get it right?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I'm kinda curious how the Aqua will work as there (to the best of my knowledge) still is no Siri profile for irrigation (aka sprinklers.)

I'm hoping this means that they somehow have info that Apple is releasing one with their next round of SW updates this Fall...
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    I'm kinda curious how the Aqua will work as there (to the best of my knowledge) still is no Siri profile for irrigation (aka sprinklers.)

I'm hoping this means that they somehow have info that Apple is releasing one with their next round of SW updates this Fall...
    iOS 11 adds HomeKit support for faucets. 
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/06/14/inside-ios-11-homekit-gains-multi-person-geofencing-conditional-triggers

lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    tzm41tzm41 Posts: 95member

iOS 11 will support sprinklers.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Why do they persist with bluetooth-only? I love the Eve range but bluetooth only is just no good for medium to large houses.