Apple stores in Nebraska and Pennsylvania reopening this weekend

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2017
Apple is preparing to reopen two retail locations in the U.S. on Sept. 2, with one Apple store in Omaha, Neb., moving down the same street to a new unit with extra floor space while another in Pittsburgh, Pa., relocating to a different part of a shopping mall.

Apple Store at Village Pointe, Omaha
Apple Store at Village Pointe, Omaha

The only Apple retail location in Nebraska, the Apple store in Village Pointe, Omaha has been closed for the last couple of weeks so it can relocate to a new larger location nearby. Aside from a refreshed appearance, the store will be able to accommodate more customers thanks to an increase in storefront space.

In Pittsburgh, the South Hills Village store will be making a move to a new location within the same mall. As with the Village Pointe store, the new South Hills Village store is likely to benefit from a larger storefront because of the move.

According to the Apple Retail webpage, both stores will reopen on Sept., 2 at 10:00 a.m. local time.

It is likely both stores will receive some, if not all, of the design elements Apple has been incorporating into its flagship stores, introduced after Angela Ahrendts took control of the company's retail operations. The flagship store design language typically involves the addition of wooden shelves, trees, and large video screens, among other elements, as well as spaces for in-store gatherings and performances.

(Update: An earlier version of this story said the Village Pointe store was undergoing renovations, rather than moving. The article has been corrected.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Finally, some Apple love for Nebraska...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Renovations? The Nebraska store is moving down the street to a new, much larger storefront in Village Point mall.

Not to mention the email I received today, "Come see us at our new location on September 2 at 10:00 a.m."
    edited August 2017 macky the macky
  • Reply 3 of 4
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    The Apple Store in Madison WI moved from West Towne Mall to Hilldale Mall on August 12 2017, doubling the floor space, and using the new Homestyle layout. The Hilldale Mall was originally developed by the University of Wisconsin Foundation, opening in 1962. In 1962, the Hilldate Mall was seen as on the outskirts of the city, but today is considered more centrally located on the west side of Madison.

Hilldale over the years has been transitioning to an upscale shopping and apartment and condo area. The Mall is going through a multi-stage, multi-year rebuilding of which move of the Apple Store from West Towne to Hilldale is considered a coup. 
  • Reply 4 of 4
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Hey!  Great!   That South Hills Village store in Pittsburgh is MY store!  I could actually walk there if I needed to.

But, it was smallish, crowded and noisy.  Actually, it was a rather uncomfortable place to be.  A larger store will be a great improvement -- and plus, they will now be able to offer the classes and community events that Apple has been rolling out.

Yeah for me!