Video: Everything you can do with the Apple Pencil

Posted:
in iPad
The Apple Pencil for iPad Pro brings about a number of new ways of using and interacting with Apple's touchscreen tablet. AppleInsider brings you up to speed on everything it can do, including unique use cases, and new features coming in iOS 11.

For reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    The presenter really needs to work on his intonation/reading skills. The diction sounds unnatural. 
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 2 of 11
    All of his videos are like this. I know it takes a lot of courage to get in front of the camera, but maybe take a public speaking course, or get a coach. I'm sure he doesn't sound like this just talking to friends. It is very distracting, and makes it very difficult to watch his videos all the way to the end.
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 3 of 11
    I had to watch the video just to see if new user Hypraktiv has a point (which he doesn't; unnamed video guy sounds like the typical YouTube guy--or better).
    cornchipshapetables
  • Reply 4 of 11
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,949member
    I had to watch the video just to see if new user Hypraktiv has a point (which he doesn't; unnamed video guy sounds like the typical YouTube guy--or better).
    And he doesn't do the annoying cut/crossfade thing to cover forkups. 

BTW, Astropad is AWESOME sauce, and it works via USB too. And you don't have to get Astropad Studio (subscription model) YET, there's still regular Astropad which is a one time $30.
    pscooter63
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Take the blue pill and stay in YouTube land; take the red pill and you're making fruit-financed PBS-like documentaries that run on the video wall of relevant retail stores, on the sides of buildings in Time Square, Vegas Strip and Tokyo and, of course, in-between features on a new 24 hour channel that eventually gets hyped in the Wall Street conference calls.
    cornchip
  • Reply 6 of 11
    The video guy should slow down his speech and the pronounce the letter t. 'Button' has two of them but he says it like 'bu on'. The content is good otherwise.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Take the blue pill and stay in YouTube land; take the red pill and you're making fruit-financed PBS-like documentaries that run on the video wall of relevant retail stores, on the sides of buildings in Time Square, Vegas Strip and Tokyo and, of course, in-between features on a new 24 hour channel that eventually gets hyped in the Wall Street conference calls.
    I want to "like" this but you clearly "liked" it enough as you wrote it 
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Hypraktiv said:
    The presenter really needs to work on his intonation/reading skills. The diction sounds unnatural. 
    Keep the kid doing videos. He's learning fast and I think he's either writing for you already or wants too because he conveys facts and screams fanboy in the perfect proportion for me. Not dismissive nor ignorant of Apple choices and his tone is fine.

The fact you wrote 'reading skills' is an indication of your knowledge and professional experience in the field... very few people can "wing" on camera TelePrompTer and look natural (perhaps AI uses cue cards but that's unlikely) 

and hes cute. 

Wheres your our professionally edited and reviewed apple review ? Is it hiding in your 2 shares of Apple stock grandpa?

be nice they do a good job here. Other places are rarely as fair 
    edited September 2017 toysandme
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Good, informative video. Note that Siri CAN READ handwriting. Why therefore can't we have handwriting recognition on the fly, like the Newton, but presumably a few orders of magnitude better!
  • Reply 10 of 11
    MmooreMmoore Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I keep looking for a coloring book APP.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    AvesraggianaAvesraggiana Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    It’s BUTT-un. Not buh-un.