What to expect from Apple's Sept. 12 event: iPhone X & 8, Apple Watch with LTE, 4K Apple T...

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 80
    What about Amazon Video on appleTV? It was announced over the summer without a date... maybe it's a bit more firm?
  • Reply 62 of 80
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    tshort said:
    What about Amazon Video on appleTV? It was announced over the summer without a date... maybe it's a bit more firm?
    I never expected that to come to fruition until the 5th gen Apple TV was announced. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple and Amazon made a deal to showcase how great Amazon Video looks on the 5th gen Apple TV with 4K+HDR. Amazon has a tough road of competing against Apple in HW and Netflix in content. I think this would help both of them, since this will hopefully get Amazon to start selling Apple TVs again, and showcase Amazon Video which frankly looks great with their original content in 4K+HDR on the proper display. My biggest gripe with Amazon Video is that they lump together all the included stuff, with rented and purchased streaming content. It's simply a horrible way to look for something to watch and I see no way to alter this.
  • Reply 63 of 80
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    stompy said:
    Ok, what was the last one? 
    I simply don't have time to go though them, but I'm pretty sure I remember events that talked about both platforms. That said, I agree that it seems this one is primarily about iOS. I'm not really expecting a new Mac being announced, but that would be a very nice surprise.
  • Reply 64 of 80
    cgWerks said:
    stompy said:
    Ok, what was the last one? 
    I simply don't have time to go though them, but I'm pretty sure I remember events that talked about both platforms. That said, I agree that it seems this one is primarily about iOS. I'm not really expecting a new Mac being announced, but that would be a very nice surprise.
    Ok, just wondered if you knew, I certainly don't recall the last time Apple had mac hardware on stage at the annual iPhone event.

I'm always interested in whatever new mac hardware comes out, but I'd never hold my breath for it at the iPhone announcement.
    cgWerks
  • Reply 65 of 80
    sog35 said:

sog35 said:
    Last I've heard from a little Birdy:
    You’re copying Gruber’s terminology, but i know you don’t have any apple employee insiders. 
    Gruber didn't make up that terminology.

Its a common saying
    I never claimed he did. But I'm saying you're lying -- because you're trying to ape Gruber and imply that you have secret sources inside Apple corporate. You don't. 
    edited September 2017 fastasleepronn
  • Reply 66 of 80

sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    sog35 said:
    Seeing cartoon birds that speak to you is indicative of severe head trauma.
    Bro, you just can't help your self?

Every post I make you take a jab at me.

This isn't healthy.  Your obession of me is not normal.

Get help. Soon.  
    If you make claims that you have inside sources after changing up your prices and starting storage a dozen times in a month I'm going to have a laugh.
    Get help. Soon. 
    Says the guy who had a complete breakdown and saturated this forum with nonsensical ravings about firing Cook for months on end. 
    nonsensical? hardly.

Most of my criticism have been proven true and Cook has corrected them:

1. Too much emphasis on China. Cook has corrected that.

2. Slow updates on Mac and iPad. Cook has corrected that.

3. Stale iPhone design. Cook has corrected.

4. Focus on services. Cook has corrected.
    All of the things Apple and Cook have done were long in the hopper before you started having a melt-down on AI just because the stock dipped. Had he been fired it would have created much instability and duress. You're unfit to manage Apple, and your temperamental rantings whenever the stock is down is just further proof of this.

Also, you backed out on your word to self-ban when your silly "predictions" (I use the word very loosely) failed to come to fruition. In short you've blown any credibility you ever hoped to have here. It's not a personal thing, but your own actions reveal you simply don't have integrity.
    edited September 2017 tmaycornchip
  • Reply 67 of 80
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    I'd really like a very bright, low-power micro-LED display for the Series 3 Apple Watch. I'll even pay extra for it instead of sticking with AMOLED on the Sport series.
  • Reply 68 of 80
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    If you have to ask, I can't tell you. Go throw a televised party while millions of Americans are suffering and see what they think of you.

Hey Mother Theresa... Apple contributed millions of dollars towards the hurricane relief.  What the heck have you done except whine?  I'll take the easy guess and say you did "NOTHING".
    edited September 2017 Solipscooter63cornchip
  • Reply 69 of 80
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:

sog35 said:
    You’re copying Gruber’s terminology, but i know you don’t have any apple employee insiders. 
    Gruber didn't make up that terminology.

Its a common saying
    I never claimed he did. But I'm saying you're lying -- because you're trying to ape Gruber and imply that you have secret sources inside Apple corporate. You don't. 
    I never said I have a secret source from Apple corporate. Stop putting your words in  my mouth and then bashing me for it. Watch your tone
    Ah the truth comes out. Ok, so when you said you had little birdies at Apple telling you price points, you were just making it up. Got it. 
    Solipscooter63cornchipfastasleep
  • Reply 70 of 80

sog35 said:

sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    sog35 said:
    Soli said:
    sog35 said:
    Seeing cartoon birds that speak to you is indicative of severe head trauma.
    Bro, you just can't help your self?

Every post I make you take a jab at me.

This isn't healthy.  Your obession of me is not normal.

Get help. Soon.  
    If you make claims that you have inside sources after changing up your prices and starting storage a dozen times in a month I'm going to have a laugh.
    Get help. Soon. 
    Says the guy who had a complete breakdown and saturated this forum with nonsensical ravings about firing Cook for months on end. 
    nonsensical? hardly.

Most of my criticism have been proven true and Cook has corrected them:

1. Too much emphasis on China. Cook has corrected that.

2. Slow updates on Mac and iPad. Cook has corrected that.

3. Stale iPhone design. Cook has corrected.

4. Focus on services. Cook has corrected.
    All of the things Apple and Cook have done were long in the hopper before you started having a melt-down on AI just because the stock dipped. Had he been fired it would have created much instability and duress. You're unfit to manage Apple, and your temperamental rantings whenever the stock is down is just further proof of this.

Also, you backed out on your word to self-ban when your silly "predictions" (I use the word very loosely) failed to come to fruition. In short you've blown any credibility you ever hoped to have here. It's not a personal thing, but your own actions reveal you simply don't have integrity.
    Credibility? LOL.

I told people here to buy AAPL stock hands over fist when it hit $60 in 2013.  Sure the timing to hit $150 was wrong because of geo-political bull shit.  But you have to admit that if people listened to me they would have made some serious $$$.

My creditibility of understanding AAPL as an investment has never been higher.  I have a proven track record and out perform 90% of the analyst on Wall Street regarding Apple stock. That is a FACT. While most of Wall Street were telling people to SELL SELL SELL Apple at $60, I said to BUY.  Stock is up 166% since then.
    Apple as an undervalued stock that trends up isn’t anything anyone needed your “predictions” to ascertain. 

You don't udnerstand Apple because whenever the stock is down you flip out with tantrums and call for Cook to be fired. It’s quite stupid. Smart investors and smart managers don’t play to the stock price. They look at the long term picture, which you are unwilling or unable to do. That’s what makes your credibility shit here. 
    cornchipRonnnieOfastasleep
  • Reply 71 of 80
    sog35 said:
    I have a proven track record and out perform 90% of the analyst on Wall Street regarding Apple stock. That is a FACT. While most of Wall Street were telling people to SELL SELL SELL Apple at $60, I said to BUY.  Stock is up 166% since then.
    I'm not trying to be combative.... but that that isn't exactly a difficult feat. :) Wall Street has been mostly wrong about Apple for decades until rather recently when they simply couldn't deny the success any longer. They even took longer than the main-stream tech press. I was telling friends and acquaintances to buy AAPL back in the early-to-mid-90s! I still think it's a good buy, even though I'm worried about their future (but I think anything negative is unlikely to hit the stock-gambling market for years).

StrangeDays said:
    Smart investors and smart managers don’t play to the stock price. They look at the long term picture, which you are unwilling or unable to do. That’s what makes your credibility shit here. 
    Correct, smart investors ≠ Wall Street.
  • Reply 72 of 80
    Bring brand new Mac mini and Mac mini tower plus display.
    cgWerkspaul vincent
  • Reply 73 of 80
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Hope this list is complete summary of all the rumors.  Saved the page.  Will try to compare see how effective the rumors have become. 
    pscooter63
  • Reply 74 of 80
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    sog35 said:

iPhone X - 32GB $899, 128GB $999, 256GB $1099

iPhone 8 - 32GB/128/256 - $649, $749, $849

iPhone 8 Plus - 32/128/256 - $749, $849, $949

A $150 premium from the iPhone8 to iPhone X seems very reasonable. 

My 7 Plus 128 GB costed $869.  It is $130 to upgrade to iPhone X 128GB.  I am sold.
  • Reply 75 of 80
    sog35 said:

iPhone X - 32GB $899, 128GB $999, 256GB $1099

iPhone 8 - 32GB/128/256 - $649, $749, $849

iPhone 8 Plus - 32/128/256 - $749, $849, $949

A $150 premium from the iPhone8 to iPhone X seems very reasonable. 

Makes the most sense
  • Reply 76 of 80
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member
    appex said:
    Mac mini tower plus display.
    Not even Munster predicted that pipe dream.
    pscooter63
  • Reply 77 of 80
    cornchip said:
    appex said:
    Mac mini tower plus display.
    Not even Munster predicted that pipe dream.
    I don't know why Apple is so resistant to producing a product like that. I'm not sure if it would sell as well as iMac or some of the laptop line, but I think it would sell a bunch. If Apple made iMac level hardware in a bit bigger case (than a mini) that could silently cool itself (without costing a fortune)... I'd be all over that. A lot of people - especially PC-switchers - already have displays, want to pick their own display setup, or just want a headless machine for other purposes. Even an updated mini would be pretty good, but with just a bit of extra work, it could be so much better.
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 78 of 80
    An Apple Watch capable of taking accurate blood sugar measurements would double share price by noon.  
    tmaypaul vincentjasenj1
  • Reply 79 of 80
    lkrupp said:
    So happy that AI and other tech sites are spoiling the announcements. Must make you proud to walk into this event snickering, knowing everything ahead of time. You can even  be pre-disappointed in the products too. Do you all have your headlines and bylines written already?  Hell, none of us even need to watch the event live. What would be the point? There should be plenty of unused bandwidth for the streaming since we could be watching WWE Wrestling instead. 
    Knowing all the things that are going to be announced saves having to listen/watch the event. Instead, I'll be off to the footie (come on you 'daggers') on the other side of London.
    I'll be able to read all the complaints on my way home for entertainment.