Apple not expected to debut wireless chargers alongside iPhone X, buyers to rely on third-...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    vision33r said:
    Wireless charging only good for toothbrush or anything with a small battery.  With a large battery it will take hours to charge when a cable can charge 10x faster. Much rather see Apple move to USB-C than the stupid easy to break lightning cable which isn't even lightning fast.
    I have been using Apple cables for decades on various products and I have never had one break or become unusable, and that includes lightening cables. It's all about the bull-in-a-china-shop syndrome that some careless people have. Same goes for traditional wireline telephone cables that become twisted, tangled, stretched, broken, and otherwise abused to the max.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Bullshit!
  • Reply 23 of 26
    lkrupp said:
    vision33r said:
    Wireless charging only good for toothbrush or anything with a small battery.  With a large battery it will take hours to charge when a cable can charge 10x faster. Much rather see Apple move to USB-C than the stupid easy to break lightning cable which isn't even lightning fast.
    I have been using Apple cables for decades on various products and I have never had one break or become unusable, and that includes lightening cables. It's all about the bull-in-a-china-shop syndrome that some careless people have. Same goes for traditional wireline telephone cables that become twisted, tangled, stretched, broken, and otherwise abused to the max.
    Go to a Apple store one day. Stand and watch for just a few hours. You’ll see tons of people coming into the store with the Apple cords all screwed up for various reasons. Now multiple that few hours by an entire day. Then multiply that by every store. It’s a a crap ton of just Apple cords that come in because they failed. This isn’t even including all the other Apple products like the iPhone and MacBooks that have failed in one way or another. 

Hell, I have to have my iPhone 7+ camera completely replaced because it fails and stopped working. Which is so common that the genius person knew exactly what was wrong in a snap and said it was a common problem and will probably become a replacement program soon. 
  • Reply 24 of 26
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Rayz2016 said:
    gatorguy said:
    If Apple is not yet offering their own wireless charging solution, and considering some past rumors, it should be pretty easy to figure out what's probably going on. Think folks!
    Okay, so it has something to do with Google…
    Oh geez...
    Surely you're not that Clueless. With all the comments just a few months ago about a supposedly wireless tech  supplier and Apple ??
  • Reply 25 of 26
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Anyway. You were all wrong. 
  • Reply 26 of 26
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Yes we were and Kuo was correct.