Join AppleInsider live at the Steve Jobs Theater for Apple's iPhone X & iPhone 8 unveiling...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    It turns out all those leaks were real with the iPhone X. 
  • Reply 22 of 38
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,095member
    boredumb said:
    "Apple Events is unavailable. Try again later."

I'd hoped Apple ineptitude and poor planning on these events was a past thing...too much to hope for
    Maybe if you stopped using your parent's bare-bones Internet connection from your basement bedroom and pay for a decent cellular plan (you'll need a job to pay for it), you might have better luck.

Go troll elsewhere.
    StrangeDaysdsd
  • Reply 23 of 38
    The iPhone X looks amazing - holy cow
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 24 of 38
    I think there was a glitch on the apple X...
  • Reply 25 of 38
    I meant the iPhone X, an issue at the start of the demo he had to use the back-up
  • Reply 26 of 38
    arie said:
    I meant the iPhone X, an issue at the start of the demo he had to use the back-up
    These things happen sometimes. However, he repeatedly demoed it on the backup model to prove it was OK.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 27 of 38
    So SE 6S and 7 stick around while 8 increases $100. 
  • Reply 28 of 38
    All of the presenters so far have been fantastic, but man Phil has been terrible.  Really boring and emotionless presentation of the iPhone 8.  It's like he's reading cue cards lol
    People say this every year. He doesn't do cartwheels.
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 29 of 38
    That was a good show. I wish I had money...
  • Reply 30 of 38
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    sflocal said:
    boredumb said:

I'd hoped Apple ineptitude and poor planning on these events was a past thing...too much to hope for
    Maybe if you stopped using your parent's bare-bones Internet connection from your basement bedroom and pay for a decent cellular plan (you'll need a job to pay for it), you might have better luck.
    Go troll elsewhere.SpamSandwich said:
    Bye-bye! Blocked.
    Works fine here, skippy
    Gosh!  You guys are hilarious!  Sycophant much???
    As other comments indicate, I wasn't the only one with the problem, and I did Airplay it off my MBAir.
    But I'm glad that for most of you, it worked well, especially for the less tolerant among you...
    And just for the record, presenting a simple fact isn't "trolling".  
    Oh, and my name isn't Skippy, but good guess!
    /s
  • Reply 31 of 38
    Soli said:
    Sweet, it's official. Apple TV supports Dolby Vision and HDR10. Sold!

EDIT: Wow, free 4K upgrade from purchased HD movies. That's pretty huge. Plus, 4K movies same price as HD. Bye Bye Vudu. 
    I wasn't expecting the free upgrades to 4K because of how the content owners are with Apple.
    That was a pretty big surprise to me. I wonder how Vudu is going to react to that? Only way to get 4K digital movies is by paying $30 or using the digital copy code from a purchased 4K blu ray. 
    Concur. I was hoping, but not expecting. It is an enticement for me to buy the ATV4K though. I haven't decided.
  • Reply 32 of 38
    A few random, general thoughts from my watching the live stream:

1. The intro with with Steve brought a tear. I'm a softie for that. I thought it tastefully done my Tim. Unlike others, I like Tim's style. 

2. I thought the intro to the theater and Apple Park was cool. 

3. I know Angela worked hard on her stuff. But it (and she) was uninteresting to me. YMMV. Unlike others, I dislike her style. No idea why.

4. AW3 is cool, and I want one. But I don't want the carrier fee. Might need to wait. That paddle board thingy was well played.

5. Free upgrade to 4K if you bought a HD movie on iTunes. Great! Well done, Eddy. (and good evening to you too.)

6. HairForceOne's oops with the faceID was a moment. I instantly thought about the stories of how relieved everyone was about the original Steve iPhone demo on half-baked software. It must have taken Craig massive restraint not to go rogue and say, "boy, what would Steve have done 10 years ago?" I attribute that glitch to the special demo set up. How cool was them having a backup unit? Steve didn't have that in 2007.

7. I'm not a gamer. Tuned out all of that. YMMV. I wonder how important that generally is? Dunno. Gamer dudes eat that up, and live and die for demos like that? OK.

8. One more thing. Tim's "we take those words seriously" was part of his style that I like. 

9. The animoji's are funny as hell. Other stuff like that hasn't caught on: the tap message on AW, "Ping", effects on Messages. They seem kinda cool at the time, but I don't see widespread use or buzz. I'm likely wrong. But animojis seem like the kind of thing that will stick around.

10. All the rumors about other products to be included were all wrong. And it took 2 hours. 

11. Dunno what to make of wireless charging. I did buy a CarPlay compatible system in a new car, and I can see that being useful there. But you'll still need to drag a cabled charing mat around when you travel. The AirPower thingy might be really popular with frequent fliers, of which I am not. 

12. I really enjoyed watching. In all it was a good show.

I guess you can quote me, disagree with me, glorify or vilify me.

Solipatchythepirate
  • Reply 33 of 38
    boredumb said:
    sflocal said:
    boredumb said:

Go troll elsewhere.SpamSandwich said:
    Bye-bye! Blocked.
    Works fine here, skippy
    Gosh!  You guys are hilarious!  Sycophant much???
    As other comments indicate, I wasn't the only one with the problem, and I did Airplay it off my MBAir.
    But I'm glad that for most of you, it worked well, especially for the less tolerant among you...
    And just for the record, presenting a simple fact isn't "trolling".  
    Oh, and my name isn't Skippy, but good guess!
    /s
    Claiming it’s Apple’s ineptitude and not your own network, combined with your posting history, is likely why he plonked you. I didn’t call you a troll, but if the glove fits...
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 34 of 38
    Soli said:
    I'm so ready for Apple Christmas even if I already know everything that's under the tree.
    I was literally too excited to sleep last night. Took me 3 hours to get to sleep, and several extra doses of sleep aids to finally get 5 hours total. Lol.
    Soli
  • Reply 35 of 38
    What an incredible keynote, loved every minute of it!

Finally got some decent time for Apple Stores (I mean Apple Courtyards, lol; I actually really like that change), finally got to her Ahrendts present, had some really great emotional moments, had amazing products and technology years ahead of competitors, and had some very appropriate homage and reflection regarding Steve Jobs. Also, it was great to see Phil have a full-on Jobs moment when he completely and unabashedly did a 180 and talked effusively about the joy of wireless charging pads. Loved it.

Oh, also, the best burn Apple has had in a long time, from Jeff, paraphrasing: 'we fit all this into the same case as the Series 2, we didn't want to have something that looked like you're wearing a house arrest bracelet.' Ahem.. google and samsung! hahahaha
  • Reply 36 of 38
    As incredible as it was, it of course would have been even more impactful and enjoyable had macrumors and 9to5 not spoiled half of it. What they did was completely against the spirit of following Apple in the first place. It showed a complete lack of integrity and was a very obvious step (way) over the line. I'm not visiting those sites for at least 5 years, and I don't see how any other Apple fan couldn't do the same.
  • Reply 37 of 38
    So SE 6S and 7 stick around while 8 increases $100. 
    I believe the 8 only increased by $50, no? Doesn't seem like much of a stretch will all the new tech in there, and particularly considering they individually calibrate each iPhone's sensors and cameras.
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 38 of 38
    One thing I didn't see was more info on HomePod. I still think there's some enhanced networking capability hiding in those things, so I thought the ATV announcement would key into more info on HomePod and how that'll all come together with Siri to make HomeKit a much bigger deal. Soon, I guess.