Qualcomm says Android always first to new technology, takes aim at iPhone X features

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,668member
    The title of this article is apparently incorrect.

Where does Qualcomm say they are 'always' first?

That point aside, the page limits itself to Qualcomm technologies only. It makes no claims to other firsts which are also Android first.

As for how 'first' the items on the list are, you could debate them one by one with Qualcomm but the point is purely marketing and as such, not really worth the effort unless you feel some of what they say might actually rub off on someone.

I think from a marketing perspective it's pretty poor although Android in general could do sustained damage to the Apple halo effect with an intelligent branding campaign. 

Google doesn't seem up to the task of coordinating an Android campaign at this point in time.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    BluntBlunt Posts: 224member
    The sour grapes option. Qualcomm was first!
  • Reply 43 of 49
    BluntBlunt Posts: 224member
    Android always last to updates if any.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    I'm not sure I would be bragging about being first with facial recognition on the S8 when it can easily be tricked by a photo.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    GG1GG1 Posts: 483member
    Buh-bye Qualcomm!
    Is this Qualcomm's "Ed Colligan" moment?
  • Reply 46 of 49
    vision33r said:
    sergioz said:
     I bet QUALCOMM is feeling frustrated right about now, because they have all this Tech and no real software to support it ߘ⦬t;/div>
    For every GSM iPhone sold, Apple pays a royalty license to Qualcomm.    Are they frustrated?   More like Tim Cook is frustrated Apple has to pay the high license fees.
    They pay twice, at a non FRAUND rate and that's why Qualcomm is getting their ass kicked up and down the street by Apple.
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 47 of 49
    vulpine said:
    Two decades ago, Apple was famous for wildly innovating ... and Microsoft was famous for copying the ideas that worked and incorporating them into Windows. Everyone joked that Apple was Microsoft's R&D department. Apple filed numerous look-and-feel lawsuits and lost, and was widely criticized for trying to legally defend ideas that were so brilliantly obvious that it's a wonder no one had made them work previously.

I am not at all bothered that Apple has learned its lesson and is now copying ideas from Android.
    Your comment is weird as ass, Apple's implementation is almost always different than the Android one. If a Porsche has wheel, is it copying another car with wheel?

Patents are on the implementation, not the idea. People buy ideas, not products. And no, Thinking about something and crapping out a lame implementation is not R&D for Apple.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    Fred Flintstone was first with the car. Porsche is just a copycat.