Apple posts new iPad tutorial videos highlighting iOS 11 features like handwriting convers...

Posted:
in iPad
Timed with the debut of iOS 11, Apple has uploaded three new tutorial videos for iPad owners, offering brief demonstrations of some of the operating system's tablet-centric features.

The additions include "How to copy and paste across devices with iOS," "How to retouch a photo," and "How to magically convert handwritten notes to text then share them." Earlier videos covered topics like the new Dock, the Files app, and marking up images using an Apple Pencil.

Universal copy-and-paste has been present since iOS 10. The retouching video likewise covers pre-existing Pixelmator functions, but Apple is presumably eager to showcase some of the possibilities of the iPad's touch interface.

Released today, iOS 11 radically reworks the iPad's multitasking system, adding not just the Mac-like Dock and the Files app, but a new task switcher and easier launching of Split View. It's also possible to drag-and-drop between apps, whether open or closed.
mr o

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,421member
    What's odd is that they're not showing iOS features but rather features of third party apps. Like the handwriting conversion is shown with GoodNotes app, not the Notes app.
    mr o
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Yea!!! Finally!!! Handwriting recognition and "proper" filing. How many years have I been wanting those features. Now it's time to get a new iPadPro and Apple Pencil and see if I can ditch my notebook and camera, bookshelves and filing cabinets. (Well, perhaps I'll keep some of my books.) If it works, I'll get a new iMac for home and ditch the MacBook Pro forever. Now, if only I could have an iMac at work as well?