Apple's iPhone 8 survives harsh scratch and bend test in new video

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,142member
    I was actually hoping the opposite, that the plastic lip at the end was smoothed out over the 7. Especially now that there's twice as many of them. It doesn't go above the screen so it's not for fall protection, I think it just separates impacts between metal and glass, so it could have been more flush. 
  • Reply 22 of 26
    To be fair, JerryRigEverything does the same to all phones, scratching the screens to check the hardness of the screen and bending them as phones are getting thinner.

It's the people who drop them from excessive heights and leave them in deep water and rivers that annoy me.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    As the test, whatever the merits of the methodology, is the same on the iPhone 8 as it was on the iPhone 7, it is undeniably useful. The iPhone 8 shows some improvements compared to the previous model, and that's nice. It is not invulnerable to scratches, even on the camera lens. Also useful knowledge, knowing what events are likely to be safe and what things will be risky. The need for extra protection with a case is clearly less, but most people will still buy one I expect. And now for the drop tests...
    How the hell is it "the same", do you know the pressure is he's putting, the number of times he's put pressure on this phone. NO.

So, you or I know nothing. This is USELESS and provides NO KNOWLEDGE. This is the essence of ZERO INFORMATION.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    cali said:
    jume said:
    It's a spot on review. Just because it's Apple we can't say few bad things?
    I find your comment funny because only Apple gets shitted on while providing the best materials and the most secure OS that is proprietary.

The guy has a right to be honest but he’s just another YouTube moron getting paid to create unnecessary controversy. Almost every Apple video thumbnail has the uploaded looking at the product like a confused dimwit with a clickbait title like “don’t buy the new iPhone” or “why you should watch this before buying the new Apple [product here]”. Listen to the words these guys use ONLY when reviewing Apple. He even unnecessarily says “you guys know I like to burn Apple” like why the hell was it necessary for him to say that?

I saw an Apple TV 4k review titled “Apple TV 4k left me disappointed” and it was literally a guy unboxing it for a minute and not even connecting it to his TV. The reason for the title was because it didn’t come with a “special HDMI cable” that it needs. That’s it.

Tell me, do you ever see the knockoffs or any company get this special treatment? Ever see a YouTube thumbnail with the uploaded making a moron face with one eye squinted with a title like “The new Sony TV is a FAIL!!”?

edit:

A quick “iPhone X” search pulls up these selected videos:

Considering the phone is not out and those shitheads don't have that phone, these things are lower than garbage.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 26
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,924member
    lkrupp said:
    cali said:
    jume said:
    It's a spot on review. Just because it's Apple we can't say few bad things?
    I find your comment funny because only Apple gets shitted on while providing the best materials and the most secure OS that is proprietary.

The guy has a right to be honest but he’s just another YouTube moron getting paid to create unnecessary controversy. Almost every Apple video thumbnail has the uploaded looking at the product like a confused dimwit with a clickbait title like “don’t buy the new iPhone” or “why you should watch this before buying the new Apple [product here]”. Listen to the words these guys use ONLY when reviewing Apple. He even unnecessarily says “you guys know I like to burn Apple” like why the hell was it necessary for him to say that?

I saw an Apple TV 4k review titled “Apple TV 4k left me disappointed” and it was literally a guy unboxing it for a minute and not even connecting it to his TV. The reason for the title was because it didn’t come with a “special HDMI cable” that it needs. That’s it.

Tell me, do you ever see the knockoffs or any company get this special treatment? Ever see a YouTube thumbnail with the uploaded making a moron face with one eye squinted with a title like “The new Sony TV is a FAIL!!”?

edit:

A quick “iPhone X” search pulls up these selected videos:

What’s really shocking is that some people actually take these bullshit videos to heart and make buying decisions based on crap.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't surprise me, when you look at the average intellectual quality on the internet. It's rather interesting how these people can publish Reviews' before the phones are actually released, though. 
    watto_cobra