Newton Forum

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>I think you should keep that opinion to yourself.</strong><hr></blockquote>

• Reply 22 of 38
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Bogie is right on one point, the OSX forum is kind of frivolous, maybe a MacOS forum to deal with MacOS specific issues and a Software forum to deal with software issues.

A Newton forum would be less useful than a sports forum, in my opinion. You'll get maybe one thread a week from a Newton forum. (And both of those would be far less useful than a Windows forum )
  • Reply 23 of 38
    I think we should have a Windows forum too. Name it "Windows Sucks"

• Reply 24 of 38
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    So does anyone have a constructive objection or are you just going to argue that "NO ONE WILL POST THERE, NO ONE WILL POST THERE!"

Cause that is not real creative.
  • Reply 25 of 38
    Doesn't matter if it's creative or not. It's the truth
  • Reply 26 of 38
    yeah well i doint likke the color of woutr hair so there ahahahhahashfkjsda;f its funny shit, how many posts u gots now sin=ewave? keep picking on me, tell me about how my iuntersts aren t imporant, yeah that will get ur post count up owotn it? whatgever man, get a drink, get a lady and get a life. i like newtons, why are you bothering me to begin with? dont you have better things to fo with your life?

playu some music, make a painting, do flisppen somehting
  • Reply 27 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by Bogie:

<strong>yeah well i doint likke the color of woutr hair so there ahahahhahashfkjsda;f its funny shit, how many posts u gots now sin=ewave? keep picking on me, tell me about how my iuntersts aren t imporant, yeah that will get ur post count up owotn it? whatgever man, get a drink, get a lady and get a life. i like newtons, why are you bothering me to begin with? dont you have better things to fo with your life?

playu some music, make a painting, do flisppen somehting</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would respond to this but I have no idea what your saying. Someone take this kids Halloween candy away from him
  • Reply 28 of 38
    I was slightly drunk when I wrote that ... but the main meaning was:

1) why do you keep hasselling any thread with a Newton topic?

2) don't you have anything better to do with your life?

I mean heck man, I, obviously, went out and had way too good of a time last nite, stumbled back here, ate some M&M cookies, posted some really cracked out responses and then passed out. But here I look the next day [still hung over] and all I see is you posting "Newton threads suck" stuff.

sigh ... and you are telling Newton users to move on, if its a dead, boring platform you don't care about stop bothering us.
  • Reply 29 of 38
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>Bogie is right on one point, the OSX forum is kind of frivolous, maybe a MacOS forum to deal with MacOS specific issues and a Software forum to deal with software issues.</strong><hr></blockquote>

good point!

What about a digital hub forum?

(Newtons/ipods/digital cameras/PDAs etc - basically anything that adds functionality and productivity enhancement to your Mac)
  • Reply 30 of 38
    I can agree with a digital hub forum - like many people I had hoped the iPod would be a next generation PDA. For me a Newton Message Pad is still a head of its time in many areas but it does not do everything I had hoped for in an expected release that was of course too good to be true.

I digital hub forum would allow for people to ask and discuss a variety of related topics about Apple and Mac related hardware/software that isn't Macintosh. It would be flexible and could include diverse interests - implying that it would get more traffic than a solely Newton forum would.
  • Reply 31 of 38
    I think having a digital hub topic would be a good idea. But Newton having it's own topic is silly. In the digital hub topic you can discuss the newton as well as all the other products out there.

See I am not totally unreasonable. It's this newton having it's own topic thing that is a tad silly.
  • Reply 32 of 38
    Sinewave, its getting old, it doesn't affect your life. Even when you say "I like a Digital Hub Forum idea" its just so that you can have another chance to say "I don't like Newtons." Why do you bother?
  • Reply 33 of 38
    I like Newtons and I agree that having a forum just for Newtons is silly. Should we have a Pippin forum too?

Newton discussion belongs in Current Hardware - where everyone else with obsolete hardware posts.
  • Reply 34 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by Bogie:

<strong>Sinewave, its getting old, it doesn't affect your life. Even when you say "I like a Digital Hub Forum idea" its just so that you can have another chance to say "I don't like Newtons." Why do you bother?</strong><hr></blockquote>

And having a newton forum somehow effects your life? I sure hope as hell not. I like Newtons .. Hell I am a FAN of the Newton. But it's outdated.. not supported anymore. Hel I can't even connected to my outdated G3.
  • Reply 35 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>I like Newtons and I agree that having a forum just for Newtons is silly. Should we have a Pippin forum too?

Newton discussion belongs in Current Hardware - where everyone else with obsolete hardware posts.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah and lets start a open-doc forum! hehe
  • Reply 36 of 38
    Bogie? Sinewave? MacAgent? Any other arguments to put forth? Looks like we're all just repeating ourselves.

From what I have read thus far, I don't believe there is a valid reason to open a Newton forum.
  • Reply 37 of 38
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nick:

<strong>Bogie? Sinewave? MacAgent? Any other arguments to put forth? Looks like we're all just repeating ourselves.

From what I have read thus far, I don't believe there is a valid reason to open a Newton forum.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, it appears not Nick - but what about a digital hub forum? I think it has merits!

Can we post that up as a fresh topic and see if it flies?
  • Reply 38 of 38
    Mac+, please do so.

This issue is closed.