Watch: Unboxing both Apple Watch Series 3 Edition models...at once

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited September 2017
Apple released its all-new LTE-connected Apple Watch Series 3 lineup on Friday, including two Edition models sporting sleek ceramic cases. AppleInsider presents a special dual unboxing of the high-end wearables, in both gray and white.

For reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    Seeing The Ugly Red Dot in motion is even worse than pictures. The Watch looks so simple, clean, and elegant until you turn it around and expose the TURD. It screams for attention like a TURD in a punchbowl.
    StrangeDaysben20larryatoulouse31000_
  • Reply 2 of 39
    Slicky video  ;) Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    TURD fine with me although I haven't seen in real life yet. Nike+ arrives 5th Oct.
    Any news on battery life on the cellular S3 if cellular turned off?
    qwwerawatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 39
    the dot is somewhat better on the edition, but i still hate it on the steel. black dot of my current is much more subdued and natural, fits all my bands and clothing.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 39
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member
    Most convenient and useful use pf LTE watch on hand is to receive, make call while driving and the iphone is in use for your navigation. You can communicate while keeping eye on/between road and navigation.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 39
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Seeing The Ugly Red Dot in motion is even worse than pictures. The Watch looks so simple, clean, and elegant until you turn it around and expose the TURD. It screams for attention like a TURD in a punchbowl.
    There are stickers to cover the red dot for people like you. A sticker would be gauche as hell but hey, whatever. Oh, and Google “red crown watches” to see what it’s all about.
    edited September 2017 stanhopepscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 39
    What is the size of memory for music?
  • Reply 8 of 39
    ivos said:
    Still 2 GB of music storage
  • Reply 9 of 39
    the dot is somewhat better on the edition, but i still hate it on the steel. black dot of my current is much more subdued and natural, fits all my bands and clothing.
    LMAO like you were going to make the Esquire Best Dressed List LOL LOL you slay me LOL. Drop the AW completely and put on the Patek and have your assistant tell you information sultan LOL
  • Reply 10 of 39
    rattlhed said:
    ivos said:
    Even on cellular model with total memory 16 GB?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 39
    I would never buy one simply because of that ugly red dot. I saw then yesterday at the Verizon store and man is that ugly. Who the hell thinks of stupid shit like this at Apple? Why red of all colors!!! If its a space gray watch, why not do a black dot, if its gold do a gold dot, etc. Why red! And no, I'm not gonna pay for stupid stickers to cover it up. I shouldn't have to. This was a very poor design decision IMO. 
    StrangeDaysdeepinsider
  • Reply 12 of 39
    I may or may not be an outlier, but I like the red dot. It matches the red hands of the clock face.
    Graham'sNumberappleismymiddlenameradarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 39
    ivos said:
    rattlhed said:
    ivos said:
    Even on cellular model with total memory 16 GB?
    Yep.
  • Reply 14 of 39
    ben20ben20 Posts: 126member
    It's ugly. But hey, for some it goes well with a pink arm band! 
  • Reply 15 of 39
    My Series 3 LTE didn’t have the fancy charger and didn’t come in a separate little box. What kind of Series 3 is this in the video?
  • Reply 16 of 39
    My gray Edition is coming on Wednesday. Was supposed to be the end of October but got moved up. I wonder if there were a lot of cancellations after the mediocre reviews. Bad for Apple but good for me. I’m looking forward to it and the red dot.

Also means that I have to sell my black stainless steel Milanese loop sooner than expected.
    edited September 2017 watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 39
    dougddougd Posts: 292member
    These are rather crude and unattractive in appearance. I'm still not interested.
  • Reply 18 of 39
    Get a black sharpie and shut up. Geez it’s a dot.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 39
    stanhope said:
    LMAO like you were going to make the Esquire Best Dressed List LOL LOL you slay me LOL. Drop the AW completely and put on the Patek and have your assistant tell you information sultan LOL
    Just after his "man" brings around the Porsche 918 so he can make a round on the private racetrack he leased in Dubai, or is it the LaFerrari... Ah, he'll try both.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    stanhope said:
    Don’t be a fool. I have the stainless steel now with black leather band and it works not only as a techie gizmo, but as a very attractive piece of accessory. It is classy and subtle. 

This goofy dot is completely arbitrary. To say one cannot question it, or point out the simple that red is not neutral, puts one deep into Ultimate Fanboy territory. 
    deepinsider