Restore the background to its a original look

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    Nice. I like it how it is. But I liked it how it was originally too and how the old forums were too.
  • Reply 22 of 43
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    I am afraid of change.

Please take us back to the MacNN Reality color scheme.

Actually, this color scheme is fab. Good job. AI crew.
  • Reply 23 of 43
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I really dig the new shading, of course, I only use it on nice and sharp CRTs, but I can definitely see how it would look washed out on an LCD.

Not entirely functional, but looks cool. Kind of like Apple itself designed it.
  • Reply 24 of 43
    Now, about the location of personal information...

Can that be moved not that the usage has cooled off a bit?
  • Reply 25 of 43
    yep. i'm bugging the code-kiddie to do it as we speak.
  • Reply 26 of 43
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>are y'all satisfied? it's considerably darker, and higher-contrast now than it was originally.</strong><hr></blockquote>

still sucks.

AI doesn't fell like AI anymore. You changed it all
  • Reply 27 of 43
    Maybe it just doesn't feel like AI to you because you haven't been here for six months or whatever? It feels like AI to me, just looking better than ever.
  • Reply 28 of 43
    Applenut: Does a Quicksilver G4 not look like a mac anymore, after using a Graphite one?

I think it's the same look, just a little lighter. I also think that it's a good visual indicator that this ISN'T the same old place: if we used the old color scheme, it wouldn't feel right to not be able to see Mercury Rising ( or other classic threads - new place, new server, new start, new colors.

I don't really forsee changing back either.
  • Reply 29 of 43
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    I know pleading wont go far but....

please!
  • Reply 30 of 43
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Sometimes change is a good thing, applenut.
  • Reply 31 of 43
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>Applenut: Does a Quicksilver G4 not look like a mac anymore, after using a Graphite one?

I think it's the same look, just a little lighter. I also think that it's a good visual indicator that this ISN'T the same old place: if we used the old color scheme, it wouldn't feel right to not be able to see Mercury Rising ( or other classic threads - new place, new server, new start, new colors.

I don't really forsee changing back either.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't spend 3 hours staring at a G4 tower's enclosure. I do stare at AI for that long sometimes.

I'm telling you. it's better than it was a first but it still sucks. it looks all washed out and everything. maybe a shade or two darker for the lighter color you use. you're almost there.
  • Reply 32 of 43
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I'm about as hardcore AI-purist as you get, and I don't think it's that much of a change.

Here's something to chew on, Jon, I don't know if UBB allows this (PHPBB does) but you can have board themes. If that's possible, make a new school/old school and have it a preference set.

Offer two and only two. Just the old look and the new look. Let us choose.

Once again, I don't know if this is possible with UBB. But it would be nice.

If not, the current look is very sleek and nice. I dig it mucho.

Applenut, it doesn't feel like AI because there isn't enough good content.
  • Reply 33 of 43
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    If you guys put on dark sunglasses it would look just like always.
  • Reply 34 of 43
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Sometimes change is a good thing, applenut.</strong><hr></blockquote>

change for the sake of change is not good. there was no need to change the background colors. the forum color was the most identifiable part of AppleInsider.

[quote]Applenut, it doesn't feel like AI because there isn't enough good content. <hr></blockquote>

too true
  • Reply 35 of 43
    applenut... don't they always change the look to the current PowerMac style? Yosemite.. Graphite.. Quicksilver..
  • Reply 36 of 43
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    A lot of people "color" problems on Laptops is that they don't set the gamma correctly.
  • Reply 37 of 43
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    word :cool:
  • Reply 38 of 43
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Just a minute... I really don't care about the colours, the important thing is the content.

However, the boards do need to be made more readable, just tweaking. I think moving all the info to the side instead of under each post would also make it easier to read the threads.

Lastly and most of all, these boards work thank God. They load quickly, goodness knows how they are funded, and I would like to thank the chaps who have done this.

Oh and one more thing... I don't think Apple has asked you to remove anything yet, so please try a bit harder.
  • Reply 39 of 43
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by JW Pepper:

<strong>I don't think Apple has asked you to remove anything yet, so please try a bit harder.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ROTFLMAO.

I can't wait to see what the editorial team comes up with. I wonder whether Prince MacLean and Kasper Jade will write again.

Escher
  • Reply 40 of 43
    [quote]Originally posted by Synotic:

<strong>applenut... don't they always change the look to the current PowerMac style? Yosemite.. Graphite.. Quicksilver..</strong><hr></blockquote>

no.