Stopping usage of AIBB as real-time chat

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
This was a problem in the past, with Monish addressing it directly. Some was attributed to spammers who will remain unnamed.

Question: What will be done prevent this in the future? Is AI Chat coming back? Will it still suck?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    The AI chat has been open this whole time, it has never gone down. You can even open it from the privacy of your own Mac OS X Java Launcher thing. Just get the URL of the website of which the chat is on, and plug that into the address bar in the Java thingy....easy as pie
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I have checked into AI chat frequently since AI went down and no one else is ever there
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Java chat is lame. DigiChat is lame.

AppleInsider needs an IRC channel--that way anyone can get in with one of 239423964 IRC clients for 2374236854 platforms configured how they want, without using annoying Java or being stuck in the browser.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    bradbower: xactly. I remember one of the board users set one up on EFNet a long time ago, but it never took off. An irc# would need the blessing of the channel.

As an aside, you could also have a java irc client linked from the AI page.

Everytime I go into AI Chat, it's empty. Or full of fat chicks.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Feel free to use the DigiChat or set up your own IRC channel. I'm not bothering setting up one right now, because eventually (probably six months) we're going to set up an IRC server on one of our own boxes for this kind of thing. =)
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    That's all I needed to hear. Thanks g!