Video: What to expect from iOS 11.1 on your iPhone or iPad

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2017
Apple has relaunched the beta process with new versions of iOS 11, watchOS 4, macOS High Sierra, and tvOS 11. Here's what to expect from iOS 11.1 on your iPhone, or iPad.

For reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    I wish you would include an article with these videos. I don't watch videos, I prefer to read.
    tyler82OferrealjustinlongPetrolDavedeepinsiderjdwspacekidravnorodomlongpathmobird
  • Reply 2 of 16
    bhupesh said:
    I wish you would include an article with these videos. I don't watch videos, I prefer to read.
    Agree 100%, you can read an article without disturbing people around you which you can’t do with a video.
    deepinsiderlongpathairnerdtommikelepscooter63tofino
  • Reply 3 of 16
    I hope I get better performance out of 11.1 than I've got from 11... it's really slow.
    palegolas
  • Reply 4 of 16
    bhupesh said:
    Agree 100%, you can read an article without disturbing people around you which you can’t do with a video.
    Ditto. I can't even finish the videos. Would much rather just read an article.
    longpathairnerdtommikeletofino
  • Reply 5 of 16
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Hypraktiv said:
    bhupesh said:
    totally agree. At least have a transcript, with pictures as an alternative. 
    longpathairnerdtommikeletofino
  • Reply 6 of 16
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    asdasd said:
    Hypraktiv said:
    bhupesh said:
    I find their videos succinct and well structured.
    edited September 2017 dreyfus2patchythepirate
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Soli said:
    asdasd said:
    Hypraktiv said:
    bhupesh said:
    I find their videos are succinct and well structured in every way.
    Agreed - I really like their style and how info is delivered in the AI videos, but normally I watch them as part of my feed directly on YouTube, which I can't use at work :neutral:  

I know I should be working, but I dip into the Apple news every now and then, and a video-only articles mean I have to skip that post until lunch/get home, or get the gist of it from the comments.
    space2001
  • Reply 8 of 16
    I hope they fix the apps they broke like their podcast app which now takes more steps and navigation than before to use it.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Ditto

Give is a transcript. The video is OK but I like to read. 
    longpathairnerdtofino
  • Reply 10 of 16
    bhupesh said:
    +1 since I can only "like" the comment once.
    tommikeletofino
  • Reply 11 of 16
    IOS11 runs great on my IPad Pro.  If you’re having performance issues connect it to a PC with ITunes and wipe and reload it from there.

Of course back it up first...
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Soli said:
    asdasd said:
    Hypraktiv said:
    bhupesh said:
    That isn't the point. No one is criticizing the quality of their videos. The subject of these comments is our preference for reading and our dislike of being forced to watch a video in order to obtain the information.
    pscooter63sphericrandominternetpersonasdasdtofinoairnerd
  • Reply 13 of 16
    This just happened: when my wife discovered iTunes on her mac can no longer be used to manage her apps on her iPad, she blamed me, threw the iPad Pro I got her (to replace her iPad 2) at me and demanded she move to a surface pro. I'm not kidding.

I gave the iPad2 to a family member. Even set it up for him. He says "iPads suck for web use." He refuses to use it. He instead uses a 2006 iMac (that too was a gift) running 10.6.xx."It works, and Apple is just trying to screw me out of more money for something new just because it is new." This is my fault.

My aunt got a nice new iMac for a good price. She calls me and says, "it doesn't work on gmail." I try to guide her through the steps, and say something like "click on the file menu in the upper left corner" and she'll say "upper left corner of what? I don't understand these technical terms." And of course, since I suggested she could communicate with the world via this box, this is all my fault.

General users have no tolerance for anything new. 
  • Reply 14 of 16
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    tommikele said:
    Soli said:
    asdasd said:
    Hypraktiv said:
    bhupesh said:
    That isn't the point. No one is criticizing the quality of their videos. The subject of these comments is our preference for reading and our dislike of being forced to watch a video in order to obtain the information.
    1) You're not being "forced" to do anything.

2) Pro Tip: When you see that something is on YouTube don't watch it.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,544member
    Soli said:
    tommikele said:
    Soli said:
    asdasd said:
    Hypraktiv said:
    bhupesh said:
    1) You're not being "forced" to do anything.

2) Pro Tip: When you see that something is on YouTube don't watch it.
    Double extra pro tip: when you see something that isn’t working for you, it can be considered helpful to point that out to the entity offering the service. 

A lot of my media consumption is in bed, before going to sleep. Not being alone, I don’t watch videos there. I read. 
    airnerd
  • Reply 16 of 16
    spacekid said:
    I hope they fix the apps they broke like their podcast app which now takes more steps and navigation than before to use it.
    Agreed. I just upgraded to 11 and hate the new version of the Podcast app. Because of the giant thumbnails I can only see 4 shows without scrolling. The large font (ignoring my font size preference) means every title is truncated. They are sorted alphabetically with no way to change that and subscribed and others mixed together. In short it went from a fine app to something the feels like a prototype app included as a demo program with Xcode. 

I guess I need to find a third party podcast app. Not a huge deal, but unfortunate.