Restore the background to its original look

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Thanks Nick for closing the last thread. someone else makes it go "off topic" and you close it being your power hungry self.

there happy, here's another one

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    So please explain to me what your main concern is. After all the design revisions we made, I can't determine which of your old posts apply to the current scheme.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Nick ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 36
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    nally posted by Nick:

<strong>So please explain to me what your main concern is. After all the design revisions we made, I can't determine which of your old posts apply to the current scheme.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Nick ]</strong>[/QUOTE]

I want the old graphite scheme back.

too hard to comprehend?
  • Reply 3 of 36
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I think you should drop it applenut. Obviously they aren't gunna change it.
  • Reply 4 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I think you should drop it applenut. Obviously they aren't gunna change it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

because they are bastards who are trying to control everything their own personal way
  • Reply 5 of 36
    applenut, you have to understand that we cannot change our BBS's appearance because one user is unhappy. When we had many users complaining about the first all-grey look, we changed it.... but when only one person out of several hundred dislikes an appearance, it is unwise to start messing with colors again.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by Nick:

<strong>applenut, you have to understand that we cannot change our BBS's appearance because one user is unhappy. When we had many users complaining about the first all-grey look, we changed it.... but when only one person out of several hundred dislikes an appearance, it is unwise to start messing with colors again.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm not alone. its very ignorant to say that I am alone. WHY DID IT NEED TO BE CHANGED IN THE FIRST PLACE!? Huh? No one ever had any issues with the old one. it was you bastards thinking "you knew best".
  • Reply 7 of 36
    We gave it a new appearance because the old one was looking outdated.

As you may recall, AppleInsider updated its appearance from a bondi blue/black to the graphite appearance you like so much some time ago. The inspiration for that scheme came from the original PowerMac G4's case. It is now late 2001 and the style has changed a fair bit. As you may or may not know Apple uses a QuickSilver scheme for their powermac. Of course, the powermac's case is not the sole basis of these colors, but they certainly fit with the current Apple style.

Out of curiosity: why do you like the old appearance so much? From what I gather, you think the original PowerMac G4's case "sucks."

• Reply 8 of 36

<strong>We gave it a new appearance because the old one was looking outdated.

As you may recall, AppleInsider updated its appearance from a bondi blue/black to the graphite appearance you like so much some time ago. The inspiration for that scheme came from the original PowerMac G4's case. It is now late 2001 and the style has changed a fair bit. As you may or may not know Apple uses a QuickSilver scheme for their powermac. Of course, the powermac's case is not the sole basis of these colors, but they certainly fit with the current Apple style.

Out of curiosity: why do you like the old appearance so much? From what I gather, you think the original PowerMac G4's case "sucks."

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Nick ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

what the hell is wrong with you? we aren't talking about cases. WARNING! Close this thread now. this is exactly what happened in the other thread and you closed. warning, close thread.

the old appearance was easier to read and looked better. this one sucks.

if you're going to go by cases lets just make it flower power, everyone loved that

BTW, what happened to PowerPC OS Land? they down or changed IPs?
  • Reply 9 of 36
    Trust me, discussing the cases as they relate to our color scheme is on topic.

Also, if you want to talk to me about personal issues please contact me on AIM (NNNRampage).
  • Reply 10 of 36

<strong>Trust me, discussing the cases as they relate to our color scheme is on topic.

Also, if you want to talk to me about personal issues please contact me on AIM (NNNRampage).</strong><hr></blockquote>

and how was it off topic in the other thread?
  • Reply 11 of 36
    I asked you why you liked a color scheme based on a case that "sucks."

Regardless, lets try to carry on with the discussion.

• Reply 12 of 36
    I like this layout. Please don't change it back.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    applenut, just calm down about this already. And if I remember right, at times while the old AI boards were running people were saying that a change was needed because the look was getting old.
  • Reply 14 of 36
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Me hate change. Me like bright colors. Me want honeycomb.
  • Reply 15 of 36

<strong>I asked you why you liked a color scheme based on a case that "sucks."

Regardless, lets try to carry on with the discussion.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Nick ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

what does a case color have to do with a forum color? If this is what you (new "Ai Staff") base your interface designs on I feel very sorry for you. That is just ridiculous. Do you realize how stupid your reasoning sounds?

And check out the macNN thread about AI, I'm not the only one who hates this background.

[quote]I like this layout. Please don't change it back. <hr></blockquote>

layout is different than background my friend

[quote]applenut, just calm down about this already. And if I remember right, at times while the old AI boards were running people were saying that a change was needed because the look was getting old. <hr></blockquote>

you remember incorrectly.

why do you think people aren't coming back? AI isn't the same. it's not the place it used to be, it's been taken over by a bunch of fools who think case designs should be the basis for web page design
  • Reply 16 of 36
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    I agree with Applenut. These colors seem too washed out, look at the top navigation bar one really cant see it.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>it's been taken over by a bunch of fools</strong><hr></blockquote>

Personal insults are never tolerated. This is your first strike.

-----

I can see what some of you are talking about with AI not being "quite the same." However we anticipated that, and expect things to really pick-up around MWSF, as they always did. I'm very glad to see over 700 registered members and lots of good discussion happening-- the resurrection of AI is now in the hands of its users.

applenut, I find it highly unlikely that some people do not visit AI because the color scheme is different. More likely is the fact that AI was gone for several months and the current mac rumors climate are leaving people with not too much to talk about. Once we resume publication of News & Rumors there should be some more stuff to feast on. =)
  • Reply 18 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by MajorMatt:

<strong>I agree with Applenut. These colors seem too washed out, look at the top navigation bar one really cant see it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'll try to get that replaced. I was thinking the same thing.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    [quote]Personal insults are never tolerated. This is your first strike.<hr></blockquote>

what are you gonna do ban me? that would really show me! It would be right in line with the other crap "the new administration" has pulled here. I just can't wait to see how badly you screw up the front page of AI once you start posting your "inside info".

[quote]

applenut, I find it highly unlikely that some people do not visit AI because the color scheme is different. More likely is the fact that AI was gone for several months and the current mac rumors climate are leaving people with not too much to talk about. Once we resume publication of News & Rumors there should be some more stuff to feast on. =) <hr></blockquote>

of course you find it unlikely, if you didn't you would have changed the background back. It's typical blindness to reality that you and the other admins here are displaying, it's the same everywhere. nice going, way to ruin a place.
  • Reply 20 of 36
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

you remember incorrectly.

why do you think people aren't coming back?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah I am SURE it's the color of the forums!

boy that was a stretch.