Multiple Page Threads....

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
is it possible for you to make it so when you click on the title of one these threads on the forums homepage that it takes you to the last (or newest) page in the thread?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    applenut: We already have a good thread on the topic of <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000019"; target="_blank">redirecting to the page you posted to</a>. Why start another one?

Escher
  • Reply 2 of 11
    applenut is talking about when you click the link in "last post" on the forumsdisplay page.

We'll look into it.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    I'm not sure about THAT, because what if someone hasn't read the thread before? I think it should only redirect to the last page when you post a reply.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>I'm not sure about THAT, because what if someone hasn't read the thread before? I think it should only redirect to the last page when you post a reply.</strong><hr></blockquote>

more often than no the person is going to already have read the post previously and want to go to the newest post, no?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Yeah, I guess. Doesn't really matter either way to me for this, more so after replies.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Perhaps page # listings along with the title?

The only problem is, we don't want too many hacks because it makes it harder to keep our version of UBB up-to-date.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Page numbers would be cool, but it would take up a second line if the thread title is long.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nick:

<strong>Perhaps page # listings along with the title?

The only problem is, we don't want too many hacks because it makes it harder to keep our version of UBB up-to-date.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yea, I think we had that for a while at AI. Can't remember
  • Reply 9 of 11
    I'm not sure about that. With UBB 5 "Last Post" was just a date, no link or username.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    We used to have links to the pages of multi-page topics right after the topic names, which was nice:

CONFIRMED: Octuple G12s at MWSF!! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Then you could go right from the topic list to page 8 to read about the latest hooey to hit Future Hardware.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Amorph:

<strong>We used to have links to the pages of multi-page topics right after the topic names, which was nice:</strong><hr></blockquote>

As I'm sure you know that specific feature is part of UBB. The question is can we make it work in the forums display.